Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Panama City Beach, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by this morning. Looks like the fence is up

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_084736.jpg
    IMG_20200723_084736.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200723_084757.jpg
    IMG_20200723_084757.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 105
Woo hoo!

I e-mailed Busy Bee in September of last year (2019) and asked about Tesla Superchargers at PCB. They were very congenial but coy about it.

I’m still skeptical, since it’s PCB. But this would be very exciting, because I test drove a Model Y today in Sandestin. And these PCB superchargers would be right on my daily commute!

Thanks everyone for the updates and photos.

A couple of additional pictures. These 8 spots are on the west side of the building. The only material visible is some pressure treated 2X4’s. I will be here for a couple more weeks and will see if I can spot anything else.
This could just be a coincidence, but the Brunswick Supercharger site has the same fencing as in PCB.

PHOTO FROM BRUNSWICK (NOT PCB)
0EAFFB52-D173-452E-849E-35AEE41DFC2F.jpeg

Our condo parking garage only have a few 120v outlets which are very hard to get to in the peek season. Very slow, but usually acceptable provided we can get to an outlet. There are zero public level 2 charges in PCB. A few at some resorts and hotels, but nothing readily accessible to the public. On our way down from our home to our condo we have to make an extra stop at the DeFuniak Springs Supercharger to make sure we have enough charge in case we can’t get to an outlet. Our backup in case we are low on charge is to run the 50 miles back to DeFuniak. Now with the PCB supercharger, we can have assurance that a charger is available, and can skip the extra charger and know that if we can’t get to one of the 120v outlets, we will be fine by driving 3 miles, not 50 (each way).

Also, we have a rental unit and can hopefully attract extra Tesla renters knowing that they can charge. Nothing but upside for me!

Does anyone know how Supercharge.info got the number of stalls and the kW power of the chargers at this location? I searched for the permit and any other relevant information on the county’s website but could not find that info.

They usually get them from:
1) threads like this (someone spotted number of stalls and type of equipment)
2) permits
3) (rare) insider info

EDIT - 2nd post of this thread shows the permit.

EDIT2 - Users Chuq and MarcoRP run supercharge.info, and usually people here inform them of these things, and they aggregate the data on that site.

If you don't mind, would like to get back to the status of PCB Supercharger installation. (start a new thread if you wish on supercharging & battery life). Would appreciate any more drive byes over the next few weeks! So excited for my upcoming trip to not have to drive to Defuniak Springs on the way down...
You are right. I drove by again today and the 8 charging stations are clearly identifiable, based on conduit stub outs. There are 7 spots along the back of the parking spaces, and one more off to the side for the straight pull in spot.

Reactions: interfx
They usually get them from:
1) threads like this (someone spotted number of stalls and type of equipment)
2) permits
3) (rare) insider info

EDIT - 2nd post of this thread shows the permit.

EDIT2 - Users Chuq and MarcoRP run supercharge.info, and usually people here inform them of these things, and they aggregate the data on that site.
Thanks. I just didn't see that info in the permit and was wondering if they saw anything that I didn't. I realize that most of the new chargers are at 250kW now, but I still see some with 150kW. Also, I don't think anyone on this thread has indicated either the number of stalls or power, so I was just wondering.

Thanks. I just didn't see that info in the permit and was wondering if they saw anything that I didn't. I realize that most of the new chargers are at 250kW now, but I still see some with 150kW. Also, I don't think anyone on this thread has indicated either the number of stalls or power, so I was just wondering.
Where there isn't clear documentary info on the number of stalls or power, SC.info usually adds a location with a default number of stalls that depends on the location/region. For US superchargers outside of California, it's generally 8 stalls and assumed as a V3 supercharger unless there's good reason to suspect it as an urban supercharger. With confirmation of the exact details coming once people get pictures of the work site and/or of the Tesla hardware.

Just to clarify, we don't run it! Just active contributors to maintaining the data on there. There are about a dozen of us, many on TMC, some from other forums (e.g. non-English language ones). @BlueShift owns and runs the site, but if anyone wants to help maintain the code he welcomes assistance!

Can we take the general discussion elsewhere please? Someone else asked this above, and then the banter died off for a bit so I thought the request was heeded, but apparently not. There are other threads where this is discussed.

Back to subject of this thread, an Atlanta-area owner visiting this area reports this status: "I wanted to also mention the PCB supercharger station progress at the new Busy Bee gas station on 98. The area was fenced up and there was a contractor actively working. Gotta believe it’s only a matter of weeks versus months. Once open that’ll be a big boost for Tesla owners in the area."

Reactions: corywright
Can we take the general discussion elsewhere please? Someone else asked this above, and then the banter died off for a bit so I thought the request was heeded, but apparently not. There are other threads where this is discussed.

Back to subject of this thread, an Atlanta-area owner visiting this area reports this status: "I wanted to also mention the PCB supercharger station progress at the new Busy Bee gas station on 98. The area was fenced up and there was a contractor actively working. Gotta believe it’s only a matter of weeks versus months. Once open that’ll be a big boost for Tesla owners in the area."
I will be going by there today and will get a few more pictures. When I was there Monday (two days ago) you could clearly see where the 8 charging stations will be placed. Yesterday was a total rain day, so I don’t expect much change from Monday, but we will see.

Hi Chris,

Moderator Note: Good point. This thread is for discussion of the Panama City Beach Supercharger.

Off-topic postings have been excised from this thread and moved to Daily / Frequent Supercharging.

Larry

Work still continues. The concrete forms are built around the charging outlets and were the main equipment will be built. One picture shows the single charging outlet conduit to allow nose in charging, and if you zoom the other picture you can count the other 7 for the normal back in charging. If there are any major changes I will post more pictures.
7013152C-913A-431F-B459-5D217C452459.jpeg
6ED3A82C-A264-405B-BE5C-0663A2C39FDF.jpeg