Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Panama City Beach, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work is still moving on quickly! Some power equipment has been installed, one pad is still empty. The charging stations are laid out.

9C11FDB4-A347-4B9A-9CFD-3C5590E7F145.jpeg
015805D5-DB75-4048-82F8-FBA37F5B3631.jpeg
BD9501FD-F313-4447-BA78-01AECF1CF06A.jpeg
BBD89011-4197-4703-944D-D6C49C3EA99A.jpeg

Sorry. Not sure what they look like. I am a 4 week old Tesla Owner! What I meant was that all the wiring from post 65 appeared to be completed.
When I was there Saturday the pad was still empty. The pad was poured at the same time as the other pads. There is some conduit installed. There is a transformer in the fenced off area, but it was there before the construction started. I will get back and check soon.

Sorry. Not sure what they look like. I am a 4 week old Tesla Owner! What I meant was that all the wiring from post 65 appeared to be completed.
Thanks again for your information and congratulations on joining the Tesla ranks.
By the way, I would like to invite you to join our statewide Tesla club. If you are interested just visit our website at teslaownersflorida.org and click on the Join Us link

Since you are local, perhaps periodically you can drop by and take some high-resolution photos of the final installation. You can send them to me directly at [email protected], or post them to this thread.

The transformer will be a big green box. It will eventually be sitting on the concrete pad shown in the third photo in posting #62.

Below on the left is a photo of a utility transformer at another Supercharger location. The one at this location will be smaller.

Before the meter is installed, the Tesla contractor will first install the meter cabinet. To the right is the meter installed in the meter cabinet.
Ochopee Supercharger Alligator Alley 12s.jpg

Ochopee Supercharger Alligator Alley 11s.jpg

Above is a better view of the meter and meter cabinet. So a silver or grey box will be installed first by the contractor and then the local utility will plug the meter into the box.

Only after that is done will the Supercharger Station be ready to be energized.

Larry

Just visited. All the cabinet wiring is complete. The workers are prepping for the transformer. According to the workers, the transformer that was already there will feed an electrical “can” which will feed the new transformer which will be installed by tomorrow. The worker said they were going to pick up the transformer today when they leave so they can set it tomorrow.
251680D3-F459-415E-A17F-831487DBE2A7.jpeg
C9E43BD4-BD9F-4757-A285-1586D087FC8D.jpeg
B58C6FCB-898B-43DF-B336-2C4D6044EEB6.jpeg

Thank you Denny! I'm surprised to see a meter go in before the transformer. Usually the meter is the very last thing, representing a completed installation.
There is a 112KVA transformer with the Gulf Power meter which were both installed when the Busy Bee was built. Per the workers, that was done so the utility work would be out of the way. The power from that transformer goes to a connection box (installed during the current build) and then to the new transformer being installed. Here is a picture of the connection box that will connect the two transformers.
16F2D6DA-4552-436B-8233-75FA99726D0F.jpeg

There is a 112KVA transformer with the Gulf Power meter which were both installed when the Busy Bee was built. Per the workers, that was done so the utility work would be out of the way. The power from that transformer goes to a connection box (installed during the current build) and then to the new transformer being installed. Here is a picture of the connection box that will connect the two transformers.
View attachment 575703

Wow!! Different setup than our usual. Guess you can't always depend on transformer/meter as the final (hold your breath) indication.