Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parachute, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.com/findus now has a future Supercharger listed for Parachute, Colorado with a target opening of Q4 2022.

F0F6B05D-9B77-47D8-8361-0F56BD74B426.png

This is a pretty big deal for our area! It means that cars can easily skip the awkwardly located and sometimes full Glenwood Springs CO Supercharger and go straight from Parachute CO to Edwards CO. Longer range cars can easily skip Grand Junction (six stalls and sometimes crowded) and go straight from Green River UT to Parachute.

Some numbers for distances between Supercharger Stations:

Parachute to Edwards: 90 miles
Grand Junction to Parachute: 49 miles
Green River to Parachute: 146 miles

Parachute to Aspen: 81 miles
Parachute to Craig: 107 miles
Parachute to Montrose: 99 miles
Parachute to Moab UT: 157 miles

If this was already in place I'd use it next week, when I have to take the longer I-70 route to the Front Range.

Last edited:
Parachute, CO

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Sinclair
Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-6
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-70

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 41.6 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 89.4 miles

US-6 (Mostly concurrent with I-70, otherwise running parallel)

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 42 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 91.1 miles

Mini-splitter on I-70 of the 90.2 mile gap from Grand Junction, CO to Glenwood Springs, CO.
Means that the largest gap from Green River, UT to Denver, CO will be 51 miles.
Also, will destress Grand Junction, CO as Green River, UT to Parachute, CO is 144 miles.
Also helps with N-S travel.
However, it could place some extra stress on Green River, UT as drivers may want to charge to make it to Parachute, CO and avoid Grand Junction, CO.
So Tesla might want to upgrade Green River, UT or Grand Junction, CO, or split the two if possible.

Reactions: PStewart
Parachute, CO

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Sinclair
Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-6
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-70

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 41.6 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 89.4 miles

US-6 (Mostly concurrent with I-70, otherwise running parallel)

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 42 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 91.1 miles

Mini-splitter on I-70 of the 90.2 mile gap from Grand Junction, CO to Glenwood Springs, CO.
Means that the largest gap from Green River, UT to Denver, CO will be 51 miles.
Also, will destress Grand Junction, CO as Green River, UT to Parachute, CO is 144 miles.
Also helps with N-S travel.
However, it could place some extra stress on Green River, UT as drivers may want to charge to make it to Parachute, CO and avoid Grand Junction, CO.
So Tesla might want to upgrade Green River, UT or Grand Junction, CO, or split the two if possible.
Would be very difficult to find a location between Green River and Grand Junction.

This location is good progress towards closing the I-70 gap in V3 chargers from edwards, co to beaver, ut.

For the stretch from grand junction to green river there’s not many options, I’ve driven it many times, these two may be the only exits with any services
- close the gap slightly with a charger in fruita, co
- Thompson springs, ut where there’s I think just a single gas station Tesla could try to partner with.

West of green river actually has signs stating no services at all for around 100 miles I believe.

Some additional observations:

Very close, and easy to get to, from I-70; this is a good location for a Supercharger Station.

There is a restaurant on the right side of the convenience store and a Domino's Pizza on the left side.

Free WiFi at Domino's is accessible within about twenty feet of the building.

The Supercharger stalls are located at the far side of the lot, so ICEing is unlikely to be a problem.

There is a carwash located onsite.

Last edited: