Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SC here in Denver was in the state of the pictures posted for Paramus yesterday ... they mostly had everything 100% within a week. The biggest delay was getting the utility to turn on power ... so, being optimistic, maybe just over a week? I feel like PSEG is more proactive than Xcel Energy.

A little (Italian) birdie told me that there will be NO grand opening in Paramus on the 21st. The service center might open though then. Knowing Tesla, anything could happen.

Not sure if they filled it yet, but there was a big/deep pot hole right at the edge of the driveway in and Rt.17. Be careful if you do drive in there.

Not sure if they filled it yet, but there was a big/deep pot hole right at the edge of the driveway in and Rt.17. Be careful if you do drive in there.

Pothole was still there Sunday.
Untitled.jpg

Hamilton, NJ Supercharger was about 4 weeks delay waiting for utility power hookup, Edison went from about this state to open in more like 2 wks. Hopefully the cold and holiday won't slow things too much, I'll want to use this one on a road trip on Dec5th and like the location better than Edison.
The SC here in Denver was in the state of the pictures posted for Paramus yesterday ... they mostly had everything 100% within a week. The biggest delay was getting the utility to turn on power ... so, being optimistic, maybe just over a week? I feel like PSEG is more proactive than Xcel Energy.

Okay so I just got back from the place. Yeah there are some nasty potholes, but the entire surface has been milled down for resurfacing, so I wouldn't worry too much. Looks like we are getting the fancy new charger shells. This place is almost twice as close as Springfield.. so I wanted to see how quick the drive was :)

Here are my pictures!

IMG_20141120_155338.jpg
IMG_20141120_155349.jpg
IMG_20141120_155353.jpg
IMG_20141120_155452.jpg
IMG_20141120_155512.jpg
IMG_20141120_155525.jpg
IMG_20141120_155318.jpg
IMG_20141120_155322.jpg

I just came back from the Paramus site. The chargers look to be done but as I approached to charge I was intercepted by a construction worker who told me that I was on a construction site and asked me to leave. Cones were then put in place to block access to the chargers.
Another google group user indicated no power about the charger around 10:30 am this morning so I guess last night's successful charge visit was just lucky at this point.

Swung by yesterday ... looks like the chargers were operational (even if wrapped in caution tape). While juicing up, explored the site a bit. Inventory cars are in: there is one P85 with the rest all 85s. Here are a few photos:

IMG_5359.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_5360.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5360.JPG
    IMG_5360.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 498
Looks like Tesla pushed to get the chargers open for the busy holiday travel time. Way to go Tesla.
I'm sitting in my car here in Paramus charging. Access was blocked by a vehicle who moved to allow me to pass. Guard tells me his instructions are to only allow accesss to tesla vehicles looking to charge. Looks like construction not yet complete on building but all 8 chargers appear to all operational