Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Paramus supercharger now listed in nav list of superchargers.
IMG_0926.JPG

We stopped there thursday night and the chargers were all lit. We went to first one (closest to building) and charge got to about 115v but then went down to around 100v so charging rate was only about 135/hour. We were down to about 80 miles BTW. So we moved to a spot in the middle of the bunch and it would not work. Worked up to next one, same result. Went to the last charger and it worked about the same as the first one. Very slow. But we had enough to get home so stayed for about 20 min and then left. We were the only ones there. Hopefully the charging rate will increase?!

We stopped there thursday night and the chargers were all lit. We went to first one (closest to building) and charge got to about 115v but then went down to around 100v so charging rate was only about 135/hour. We were down to about 80 miles BTW. So we moved to a spot in the middle of the bunch and it would not work. Worked up to next one, same result. Went to the last charger and it worked about the same as the first one. Very slow. But we had enough to get home so stayed for about 20 min and then left. We were the only ones there. Hopefully the charging rate will increase?!

You'll only get the maximum charge rate (around 116 kW) if your battery is below 1/4 full and nobody is using the other stall in the A/B pair. This video gives a good idea of how the charge rate tapers: On the road - victoriasports.

You'll only get the maximum charge rate (around 116 kW) if your battery is below 1/4 full and nobody is using the other stall in the A/B pair. This video gives a good idea of how the charge rate tapers: On the road - victoriasports.

i think you misread 0gas's post....i belive they were charging at 135mi/hr....not 135kw/hr , or i might be wrong.....so looks like the charging stalls are limited? can anyone else confirm?

i think you misread 0gas's post....i belive they were charging at 135mi/hr....not 135kw/hr , or i might be wrong.....so looks like the charging stalls are limited? can anyone else confirm?
I've charged there 4 or 5 times in the past week and have charged at various rates from 140 mph through 340 mph. My admittedly rudimentary understanding is your rate of charge is in large part determined by the amount of range remaining

I've charged there 4 or 5 times in the past week and have charged at various rates from 140 mph through 340 mph. My admittedly rudimentary understanding is your rate of charge is in large part determined by the amount of range remaining
Please, as others and I have said so many times, don't report charging rates as miles of range per hour. It's a meaningless number because it is an average of a session, not an instantaneous rate at whatever time you're looking at it. Charging rates should be reported in kW, with the state of charge at that moment and whether or not a car was using the paired charger. That's the only way someone could opine if a supercharger is functioning properly or not.

If you read through a few of the supercharging threads your knowledge will quickly become more than rudimentary.

Please, as others and I have said so many times, don't report charging rates as miles of range per hour. It's a meaningless number because it is an average of a session, not an instantaneous rate at whatever time you're looking at it. Charging rates should be reported in kW, with the state of charge at that moment and whether or not a car was using the paired charger. That's the only way someone could opine if a supercharger is functioning properly or not.

If you read through a few of the supercharging threads your knowledge will quickly become more than rudimentary.

"an average of a session, not an instantaneous rate" From my understanding and I have used them quite a few times it is EXACTLY an instantaneous rate like the flow of water from your hose filling a bucket. as the bucket fills up, the rate slows, like what they say on the TESLA website.

"don't report charging rates as miles of range per hour." There are no rules here, I think it is a very meaningful number as some older chargers are not capable of pushing charge at the fastest rate and some older batteries may not be capable of accepting a charge at the fastest rate.

"If you read through a few of the supercharging threads your knowledge will quickly become more than rudimentary" just a little condescending!

" only way someone could opine if a supercharger is functioning properly or not." Pedantic? Wrong use of the word!

Lets get your ego in check and use a thesaurus when you are trying to impress us all.

"an average of a session, not an instantaneous rate" From my understanding and I have used them quite a few times it is EXACTLY an instantaneous rate like the flow of water from your hose filling a bucket. as the bucket fills up, the rate slows, like what they say on the TESLA website.

"don't report charging rates as miles of range per hour." There are no rules here, I think it is a very meaningful number as some older chargers are not capable of pushing charge at the fastest rate and some older batteries may not be capable of accepting a charge at the fastest rate.

"If you read through a few of the supercharging threads your knowledge will quickly become more than rudimentary" just a little condescending!

" only way someone could opine if a supercharger is functioning properly or not." Pedantic? Wrong use of the word!

Lets get your ego in check and use a thesaurus when you are trying to impress us all.
Thank you for writing what I thought but didn't feel deserved a dignified written response. Next time I post I will be sure to volkerize before I post so I don't waste your time. Get a life

"an average of a session, not an instantaneous rate" From my understanding and I have used them quite a few times it is EXACTLY an instantaneous rate like the flow of water from your hose filling a bucket. as the bucket fills up, the rate slows, like what they say on the TESLA website
I am sorry, I don't mean to offend you, but your understanding about that is incorrect. If you search this site you will find lots of posts explaining the difference between kW display being instantaneous and the miles of range/hr display being an average of the session.

Thank you for writing what I thought but didn't feel deserved a dignified written response. Next time I post I will be sure to volkerize before I post so I don't waste your time. Get a life

You don't need to volkerize as on the TM site, there is a search box on this forum. You were the one who said your knowledge was "rudimentary". If you want to increase that, there is lots of useful information here. Sometimes people don't know what it is that they don't know. There are no "rules" about reporting charge rate, but the cumulative experience of many people on this site is that best way to communicate about charge rate is by kW