Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4121.PNG
IMG_4120.PNG
i think you misread 0gas's post....i belive they were charging at 135mi/hr....not 135kw/hr , or i might be wrong.....so looks like the charging stalls are limited? can anyone else confirm?

Got to charge there this weekend in my 60kWh, arrived with 59 miles rated range (approx 30% charge) and got the following rate. Note, I posted both the screen shot of kW and mi/hr for those that prefer one over the other (my apologies to anyone who would rather see it in km/hr!).

I will say for an out of towner, navigating to the chargers while traveling southbound on 17 was a little tricky due to the location along a divided (with Jersey wall)/multilane highway. The lot can only be accessed from a right turn off of northbound route 17. Plus I had forgotten how NJ has eliminated left turns in many places. I had a fail trying to find a back entrance to the lot from the mall area and ended up in the smash burger lot with a clear view of the Superchargers but a stream between me and my goal.
IMG_4124.JPG

Any word on a ribbon cutting ceremony for this Supercharger, Sales and Service Center?

Just got an invite for the 11th for a reception.

Any information on additional activities there related to the grand opening taking place on Friday or Saturday? I'm travelling down from upstate NY on Friday December 12, and have a test drive scheduled that afternoon, and will still be in the area on Saturday, the 13th.

Thanks!

Any information on additional activities there related to the grand opening taking place on Friday or Saturday? I'm travelling down from upstate NY on Friday December 12, and have a test drive scheduled that afternoon, and will still be in the area on Saturday, the 13th.

Thanks!

I have not heard of anything else besides the Thursday evening reception/opening.

A tip for anyone heading South on the Garden State Parkway after charging in Paramus (especially Canadians): make sure you have 50 cents in US coins - the on-ramp toll booth doesn't have an attendant

You can avoid paying the 50 cent toll easily. Instead of making a right onto A&S Drive or the next street East Ridgewood Dr (at The Fireplace Restaurant), take the first U-Turn to get onto Rt 17 going South. Take this Rt 17 South for about 2.25 miles to get right back to the GS Parkway South with no toll to get on the highway.

saw this last week, one owner parked his car in two spots while charging his car..sorry for blurry came picture...

I think things are really getting out of control with respect to our trying to "shame" people for this kind of thing.

That supercharger looks pretty empty. And since I've been to that location (I was the first person to test drive a P85D there the day their first one came in) I happen to know that in all likelihood the driver probably didn't go very far and probably didn't leave for very long. (There's not much you can really walk to.) He or she may very well have had "eyes on" the other spots, so that he or she could have been back quite quickly if there had been a need to move the car.

There are things we should be concerned about when it comes to charging and supercharging etiquette, and yes, it would be nice if we all parked appropriately and always were sure to take up just one spot, but in the big picture I really don't think it's necessary to call someone out for taking up two spots in a situation like this. There are much more important things for us to concern ourselves with.

Last edited:
I think things are really getting out of control with respect to our trying to "shame" people for this kind of thing.

That supercharger looks pretty empty. And since I've been to that location (I was the first person to test drive a P85D there the day their first one came in) I happen to know that in all likelihood the driver probably didn't go very far and probably didn't leave for very long. (There's not much you can really walk to.) He or she may very well have "eyes on" the other spots, so that he or she could be back quite quickly if there was a need to move the car.

There are things we should be concerned about when it comes to charging and supercharging etiquette, and yes, it would be nice if we all parked appropriately and always were sure to take up just one spot, but in the big picture I really don't think it's necessary to call someone out for taking up two spots in a situation like this. There are much more important things for us to concern ourselves with.

+1000

Stopped by for a charge tonight and saw a great display of about 20 Model S parked alternating front/back with parking lights on along the side of Rt 17. From the road it looked amazing (and made it easy to know I had arrived at the supercharger!). Tesla staff informed me it was something they were just trying out tonight for the first time for visual impact/marketing. My iPhone photo doesn't do it justice. Also learned that all of these cars were CPO's, that the cars are brought here from the whole east region for refurbishing prior to sale.

Attachments

• IMG_5713.JPG
    IMG_5713.JPG
    1,016 KB · Views: 82
Stopped by for a charge tonight and saw a great display of about 20 Model S parked alternating front/back with parking lights on along the side of Rt 17. From the road it looked amazing (and made it easy to know I had arrived at the supercharger!). Tesla staff informed me it was something they were just trying out tonight for the first time for visual impact/marketing. My iPhone photo doesn't do it justice. Also learned that all of these cars were CPO's, that the cars are brought here from the whole east region for refurbishing prior to sale.

Not to mention the white 85 at the door has a deposit on it by me. I was there from 1 PM to probably about 4 PM. Waiting on appraisal of my current vehicle. They made me a very good offer on my SUV. Lexus RX400h.

I had a P85D loaner Friday/saturday from Paramus. When i brought it back Saturday i mentioned that the charge port door wasn't opening and closing properly. they said theyd inspect it and were getting it prepped because it had just sold.

So, whoever bought it, enjoy your almost-new P85D and brand new charge port door. :)