Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parkersburg, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was browsing PlugShare and discovered someone had added this Supercharger as already under construction.

I thought I would take a drive to check it out. I found that it is well along in the construction phase at the Sheetz on the corner of East St & 7th Street in Parkersburg.

6 stalls - 5 back-in and 1 trailer-friendly pull-in.
7A325D26-186E-445C-837B-33EE0D085EE5.jpeg

E72ACE7B-8FE6-4622-8A65-B925FA268E61.jpeg

The pull-in stall is all the way at the far end of the aisle, so you can easily use it without unhitching.
01025459-AF70-49C0-AB5D-8678141AE1BE.jpeg

It is on the far corner away from the gas pumps so little chance of ICEing.
50C60CB2-E642-4267-8E0B-DE3E3E652E37.jpeg

@BlueShift Please add this site to supercharge.info

1102 7th St.
Parkersburg, WV 26101

Parkersburg, WV

I-77
To: Cambridge, OH - 59.7 miles
Diversion: 4 miles
To: I-90 at Cleveland, OH - 177.4 miles

Interesting. Another 6-stall Supercharger.

4 mile diversion from I-77 but it does split a 133 mile gap into 77.3 miles and 59.7 miles.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Best thing about those pictures is that it looks like the transformer is already installed, though not connected to the power lines yet. This site could come on line very quickly once the main construction is done.

This is a great location for those of us traveling along this longitude in the US. It opens up the option of spending some time OFF of the Interstate, and the opportunity to use less traveled roads like US 50 through Ohio & West Virginia.

The section through WV, east out of Parkersburg, also known as the Robert Byrd Highway, is a scenic and relaxing drive - sometimes marred by a local, game playing cop, seeing if he can get an unsuspecting out-of-stater to speed up just enough to deliver a ticket. The ruse is simple, but effective: He pulls up behind his mark, not exactly tailgating, but close enough to be annoying. If the intended victim speeds up a bit, he’s nailed. I used to travel this route in a Porsche 911, which attracted all sorts of souped up pickups & SUVs wanting to “play.” It seemed, at the time, we were particular trophies for the local police in this game. One beautiful day, while cruising along at around the speed limit, I came across, what appeared to be an SUV trying to goad a Corvette into a race. After a while, it appeared the Corvette driver having had enough, took off like A bat out of hell and disappeared. The SUV waited a couple of seconds and was off to the races. I continued my leisurely pace and a couple of minutes later came upon the SUV, which turned out to be an unmarked police vehicle, lights flashing, parked just behind the Corvette. Well, you know the rest.

I travel frequently to Washington D.C.and love taking this route out of Cincinnati, but because of the lack of Superchargers have been forced to go up i71 in Ohio, around Columbus & juice up at the Triadelphia charger. Since there are plenty of S.chargers along the way, there’s no problem at any time of the year. But it’s an ugly trip. Between the heavy, semi infested, traffic and boring scenery, it’s not a trip to look forward to. With this one S.C. addition in Parkersburg it all changes. Enjoy the trip. Just be aware of . . .

You all made me so happy to see this thread. I agree with Dragonetti and Poonlarp, this will make my trips from southern OH to DC much nicer and quicker as well. I was able to barely make it from Morgantown to my parents place on a dry, warm day (227 miles between the two). The few times I was able to make the drive I would go passed both Sheetz locations to try to find where the chargers were supposed to be installed. The last time I was able to drive that route to check on the status was in early November when I opted to stay the night at a hotel outside of Parkersburg that had a charger. I could cross my fingers and hope it is open this weekend when I'm making the drive again. If not this weekend, but sometime soon, I can't wait. Save almost an hour on the trip and cut 30-40 miles off the drive, and get me off the semi-packed I70 route through Wheeling and PA.

Yeah, I stay there often, but many times I am forced to because of charge level. If I could get enough charge at a supercharger to make it closer to cambridge, it would save me a lot of overall time.

Yea, that's what happened with me. I could have done Columbus to Cambridge to Parkersburg and reversed route, but that's a lot of extra miles, so I did an overnight stay in Parkersburg around WVU's Thursday night game last fall. I make the trip to Morgantown 6-7 times a year, and having the SC in Parkersburg opens up the US-50 route for me. I won't go that way all the time, but it's nice for variety and to avoid the I-70 semi traffic.