Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parlin, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, according to Teslas 2020 Supercharger map it looks like we are getting a supercharger somewhere off Washington Rd. in Parlin NJ. Does anyone by any chance know the exact area of it? We should probably have this one added to supercharge.info

I may pass by there later. I just don’t know where exactly to look.

I think the map is just a general location of Parlin. They are building a Wawa on rt9 where the Peter Pank diner used to be. I was curious if that was going to be the location as it's either Parlin or right on the border.

I think the map is just a general location of Parlin. They are building a Wawa on rt9 where the Peter Pank diner used to be. I was curious if that was going to be the location as it's either Parlin or right on the border.
That would actually make a lot of sense being that it’s right off Route 9. The Woodbridge supercharger is just up the road but that one is almost always packed. So this should certainly help. I hope they put it there.

If you aren’t familiar with how this works, 99.9% of the time (I really don’t remember an exception) future supercharger place pins are on the place name. Nothing to do with the actual placement. Look at this one.

The pin is on the center of the name, no more, no less. Unfortunately.

This comes up every time and if you zoom in and out it’s almost always the case that it’s on the center of some feature name. People spend time figuring out ‘where’ it is and it’s nowhere. :D

Nothing is real until permits are filed with the locality. You could always check with the town/county/however NJ does it. Even then, permits aren't always a great indicator, I'm still waiting for Phillipsburg, NJ!

Hey guys, according to Teslas 2020 Supercharger map it looks like we are getting a supercharger somewhere off Washington Rd. in Parlin NJ. Does anyone by any chance know the exact area of it? We should probably have this one added to supercharge.info
As others have said, the location of the grey pin on Tesla's map has nothing to do with the exact location in the area where the supercharger will actually go. It just means that they're planning one somewhere in Parlin or in the general area. Tesla isn't even too particular about the pins going on the same jurisdiction, the superchargers sometimes end up 5 or 10 miles away in a different city/town/etc.

As for supercharge.info's map, it doesn't just duplicate what Tesla's shows. A Tesla pin isn't sufficient to get on SC.info and there are hundreds of grey pins on Tesla's map that don't yet correspond to anything on the SC.info map. To get a blue dot there someone needs to find independent confirmation/evidence of the site being in development and the exact location the supercharger will go. This confirmation/evidence is usually in the form of local planning commission meeting mentions, planning/zoning applications, building permits, etc. So, if you find anything like that, be

As others have said, the location of the grey pin on Tesla's map has nothing to do with the exact location in the area where the supercharger will actually go. It just means that they're planning one somewhere in Parlin or in the general area. Tesla isn't even too particular about the pins going on the same jurisdiction, the superchargers sometimes end up 5 or 10 miles away in a different city/town/etc.

As for supercharge.info's map, it doesn't just duplicate what Tesla's shows. A Tesla pin isn't sufficient to get on SC.info and there are hundreds of grey pins on Tesla's map that don't yet correspond to anything on the SC.info map. To get a blue dot there someone needs to find independent confirmation/evidence of the site being in development and the exact location the supercharger will go. This confirmation/evidence is usually in the form of local planning commission meeting mentions, planning/zoning applications, building permits, etc. So, if you find anything like that, be
Thanks for the detailed response. I wonder where that one will end up. I’ve lost hope for freehold and wall locations.

Oops, just realized that I accidentally cut some text off the end of my last post before I posted it. Too late to edit it back in now, but the ending should have read:

"So, if you find anything like that, be sure and post it here (i.e. in this TMC thread) and one of the supercharge.info editors will update their map to show the new location."

• Helpful
Reactions: Thinkje