Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parsippany, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way I read those signs it means ICE cars can park for the displayed time while Teslas can charge for however long it takes. The SCs with “limited” charging times usually have those plastic signs propped up on the ground as a temporary congestion reduction feature to avoid long lines.

Cool I was thinking the same. Yep, like that 40 minute sign at the Paramus service center.

What exactly does "30 Minute General Parking" mean? It seems like there's no restrictions on ICE cars parking there but would have a 30 min limit, if a Tesla was charging, would it be able to park and charge longer?
It means that any car is allowed to park there with a 30 minute time limit. For a car charging there is no time limit as at that point it is no longer being used as a parking space and has become a charging stall which doesn't come with a time limit.

Stopped here today to get a breakfast sandwich, the fence was gone, the transformer is there... just waiting on the meter still I guess.

Attachments

• E9185BF9-73C6-4F3B-9D20-0806B9E2EA8B.jpeg
    E9185BF9-73C6-4F3B-9D20-0806B9E2EA8B.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 117
Hoping to use this for a few days starting Sunday while staying at a Parsippany hotel. Any chance it will be working by then? I would appreciate any additional updates!

Which hotel? If the Supercharger isn’t up yet, the ShopRite in morristown has a destination charger.

I’d offer to let you use my driveway but I don’t have a 240V circuit (or a Tesla.... yet.). You can use my 120V outlet but it’s probably a losing cause - keeping the battery warm outdoors probably consumes more than I can supply right now.

The Columbia Inn in Montville also has a destination charger.

There’s a Chargepoint charger on Church Street in Denville - and some great restaurants there to eat, all in walking distance.

If you need more locations (or restaurant recommendations) let me know!

• Informative
Reactions: madodel