Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parsippany, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it isn't that great for 287, it's pretty easy acess for 80/280. More helpful to PA to NY commutes than NJ to VT trips.

This article also says there's an additional station coming not too far away at the (1157 US-46, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ 07054)
Tesla Opening Supercharger Station At Parsippany Target

For 78/287, I think this opening actually increases the probability of the Bridgewater Supercharger being located around the new WaWa off of 287. It's the same style large wawa with a gas station. There's also a Target in that area that's going through significant reconsutrction...

Last edited:
This article also says there's an additional station coming not too far away at the (1157 US-46, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ 07054)
That sounds like someone is getting confused, I can't imagine Tesla putting two superchargers that close together. The Zoning board meeting agenda on 4/4 had the Wawa location on it, but didn't say anything about one at Target. I

• Helpful
Reactions: Lanny

For 78/287, I think this opening actually increases the probability of the Bridgewater Supercharger being located around the new WaWa off of 287. It's the same style large wawa with a gas station. There's also a Target in that area that's going through significant reconsutrction...

I contacted the reporter on the "Parsippany Target" story and I believe she got confused by the pin on the Tesla "coming soon" map.

She responded that her source was the Tesla website: Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ | Tesla

We all know that the pin locations there for future sites are vague. Plus she probably was thrown by "Target opening by end of 2018"

UPDATE: The reporter has edited the article to reflect the correct information.
Tesla Opening Supercharger Station In Parsippany

Last edited:
Ahh, well then back to drawing board on the West Orange one. I was thinking the Whole Foods lot, or Essex green, but that's only 7 miles away. And unlike Edison/ Woodbridge there really isn't much traffic between the sites.

Not sure where else in West Orange would be convenient to put one. Train station lot? but that would be more of a destination charger I would think.

While it isn't that great for 287, it's pretty easy acess for 80/280. More helpful to PA to NY commutes than NJ to VT trips.

I'd rather the Bridgewater supercharger be much closer to the junction of 22/202/206 - it's where I go. And there's a lot more places to go around that point, between the mall and the restaurants and other things to do. The Wawa is off Route 28, and a long walk to Target, Costco and all the rest. Even the new Chimney Rock Crossing stores are too far from that point.

The most obvious site with space is in the Villages of Bridgewater - the parking area near the Crate & Barrel is under-utilized anyway.

I'd rather the Bridgewater supercharger be much closer to the junction of 22/202/206 - it's where I go. And there's a lot more places to go around that point, between the mall and the restaurants and other things to do. The Wawa is off Route 28, and a long walk to Target, Costco and all the rest. Even the new Chimney Rock Crossing stores are too far from that point.

The most obvious site with space is in the Villages of Bridgewater - the parking area near the Crate & Barrel is under-utilized anyway.

Perhaps, but based on the recent openings and announcements in the area (Jersey City, Mott street, Woodbridge, Parsippany) they seem to either be paid parking or WaWa. So it’s just my speculation as that location.

Keep in mind the Parsipanny Wawa isn’t exactly the most convenient either; but it drives business for Wawa. They may not be in the SC business; but they’re not in the gas business either. It just drives customers to their stores.

Perhaps, but based on the recent openings and announcements in the area (Jersey City, Mott street, Woodbridge, Parsippany) they seem to either be paid parking or WaWa. So it’s just my speculation as that location.

Keep in mind the Parsipanny Wawa isn’t exactly the most convenient either; but it drives business for Wawa. They may not be in the SC business; but they’re not in the gas business either. It just drives customers to their stores.
Who knows? Maybe Quick Chek will get the clue as to what their competition is up to. Quick Chek is currently constructing their gas station/store right at the southern side of Somerville Circle where 206 splits off from 202.

And that is an interesting point. I've seen the Woodbridge SC site and the Wawa is probably getting the benefit of the foot traffic there from charging drivers as I'm not sure there's anywhere else to go around there either.

Who knows? Maybe Quick Chek will get the clue as to what their competition is up to. Quick Chek is currently constructing their gas station/store right at the southern side of Somerville Circle where 206 splits off from 202.

And that is an interesting point. I've seen the Woodbridge SC site and the Wawa is probably getting the benefit of the foot traffic there from charging drivers as I'm not sure there's anywhere else to go around there either.

They have some in NY, but I haven't seen deployment as quick as the WaWa's have along the east coast.
Quick Chek convenience store tests Tesla Superchargers in NY's Hudson Valley

In general though, I wouldn't be suprised if more convenience stores started installing high speed chargers. They don't make too much on gasoline, but I can't imagine they want to lose money on electricity either. For paying SC customers, I wonder if WaWa will get a % of the proceeds; like a transaction charge.

I also desperately need the Bridgewater supercharger. I live in a Boston but my parents live in Bridgewater and with my mom sick I e been visiting them almost every month. There are no nearby superchargers and my parents don’t have 240 outlets. I’m constantly forced to manage power with 120v charging when visiting.

I also desperately need the Bridgewater supercharger. I live in a Boston but my parents live in Bridgewater and with my mom sick I e been visiting them almost every month. There are no nearby superchargers and my parents don’t have 240 outlets. I’m constantly forced to manage power with 120v charging when visiting.

Option 1: Menlo is the nearest but will suck 45mi of range round trip and take about 45min in travel time.

Option 2: Chademo at the Nissan on 22

Option 3: there’s a free L2 at RVCC

None of them are as good as a supercharger but might be helpful in case you’re in a bind.