Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - E. Colorado Blvd (LIVE 27 Mar 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Holiday Inn Express on Colorado Blvd. A permit was filed last week on EpicLA for the installation of 16 V3 stalls in the parking garage (unconfirmed but likely to be the case).

Pasadena.jpg

Interesting location. There are about a half dozen businesses in the ground floor space next to the parking lot. Including a Thrifty car rental, which has assigned spaces in the garage, including a rental car washing/cleaning facility. The upper floor of the garage has a lot of open space. There is a manually deployed parking cone stating that no entry is allowed between 5pm and 6am for the upper garage. Also, the upper level is reserved for "Thorson" parking, which is the GMC/Buick dealer about a half block West. Upper floor of the garage would be a fine location, but the lower levels are cramped and difficult to access. The best location IMHO is the surface parking lot West side closest to Colorado Bl, which I included in one of the pictures. Other 3 pictures are from the top floor of the garage looking North, East and South respectively.

PXL_20211114_141522347.MP.jpgPXL_20211114_141528178.MP.jpgPXL_20211114_141533337.MP.jpgPXL_20211114_141853685.MP.jpg

Following up on this a bit. Looks like the plans were approved on the 8th according to EPICLA. Found an attachment that in the plans that shows the layout. I drive by that parking lot frequently and I think it might be a bit of a mess to charge there, especially in the evenings. With that said any superchargers are welcome.

Attachments

• 5754018031_RPPL2022000192(02082022).pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 253
Yeah, I though for sure that the Superchargers would go onto the roof of the garage. But per the plans, most of those garage spaces are reserved for various local businesses. The 16 chargers will definitely be in a prime location relative to Colorado Blvd pull in, but given the amount of local business traffic that may be parking there, ice'ing seems like a definite possibility. I'll head over there this weekend to grab some pictures if construction has started. I don't spend much time there during evening hours, so not personally aware of the amount of parking being used.

RT

No construction as of yesterday morning. This place is across the street from the Fiesta do it yourself car and wash. I sometimes need to come here when I get lazy and don't hand wash the Y every weekend. This get the grime off before I do the wax job.

RT

Not only that there is another speculated one even closer to this one than the Hasting Ranch one that popped up today. On walnut by the new Home Depot.

I drive by this spot and nothing going. Fwiw looking at the permits it seemed like it was connected to some other improvements to the site that was being done by the owner of the property so I wouldn’t be surprised if it still moves forward just seems to be slow going.

Not only that there is another speculated one even closer to this one than the Hasting Ranch one that popped up today. On walnut by the new Home Depot.

I drive by this spot and nothing going. Fwiw looking at the permits it seemed like it was connected to some other improvements to the site that was being done by the owner of the property so I wouldn’t be surprised if it still moves forward just seems to be slow going.
I mean, We in LA county need them all of those planned and more, we do have a TESLA invasion lol