Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - 3363 E. Foothill Blvd. (LIVE 5 Oct 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction has begun on a new charging station in Pasadena CA on the north side of Dicks Sporting Goods. The area is gated off and a phone call to the Construction company confirmed its a Tesla Station but wouldn't give any other information at this time.

Thanks for the post! This would be in the Hastings Village shopping center on E. Foothill Blvd. and Sierra Madre Villa Ave.? Got any pictures?

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I found the permit (link: CSS). They are installing 20 V3 stalls.

Pasadena E Foothills Blvd.png

Last edited:
Some of the best ice cream around is in this plaza (Handel's)!
Construction has begun on a new charging station in Pasadena CA on the north side of Dicks Sporting Goods. The area is gated off and a phone call to the Construction company confirmed its a Tesla Station but wouldn't give any other information at this time.
Absolutely awesome find! I frequently visit this plaza and will surely post updates as I can. Some of the best ice cream around is located here (Handel's)!

Well, after I recovered from projectile vomiting after realizing that someone other than I sniffed this out (not City related so no mention of it in the various City agendas, DOH 🤮), I headed over for the initial recon...

Calling it Foothill Bl. is a bit of a stretch, as the site is actually waaaay in the "back" of that shopping center. Probably (actually certainly) the best way to get to it is head North up Sierra Madre Villa (Madre St. freeway exit, continue North past Foothill), turn right on Electronic Dr., then bop into the lot there. Screen capture shows where I took the following photos from.

Location.jpg

This is looking South, right behind DIck's at the East corner:

PXL_20220716_131959550.MP.jpg

Same location but looking West now, where there is a bunch of the lot sectioned off holding the construction equipment.

PXL_20220716_132003834.MP.jpg

Same location now looking North toward where the charging stalls will likely be located:

PXL_20220716_132017847.MP.jpg

Lots of conduit staged for the work:

PXL_20220716_132035916.MP.jpg

But no work yet started in the area where the chargers will go:

PXL_20220716_132108538.MP.jpg

And then looking back toward the shopping area:

PXL_20220716_132123899.MP.jpg

I don't believe I have ever been all the way back into that complex. I hit Best Buy or BB&B maybe a couple times a year. Not much of a shopper really, except for expensive electric cars! :cool:

Maybe Bruce would consider changing the thread title to "Electronic Dr.", which would be totally awesome, and more appropriate (literally and figuratively).

Oh, most importantly: The Pet Smart there has daily cat adoptions! 😻

RT

Last edited:
Well, after I recovered from projectile vomiting after realizing that someone other than I sniffed this out (not City related so no mention of it in the various City agendas, DOH 🤮), I headed over for the initial recon...

Calling it Foothill Bl. is a bit of a stretch, as the site is actually waaaay in the "back" of that shopping center. Probably (actually certainly) the best way to get to it is head North up Sierra Madre Villa (Madre St. freeway exit, continue North past Foothill), turn right on Electronic Dr., then bop into the lot there. Screen capture shows where I took the following photos from.

View attachment 829163

This is looking South, right behind DIck's at the East corner:

View attachment 829164

Same location but looking West now, where there is a bunch of the lot sectioned off holding the construction equipment.

View attachment 829165

Same location now looking North toward where the charging stalls will likely be located:

View attachment 829167

Lots of conduit staged for the work:

View attachment 829168

But no work yet started in the area where the chargers will go:

View attachment 829169

And then looking back toward the shopping area:

View attachment 829170

I don't believe I have ever been all the way back into that complex. I hit Best Buy or BB&B maybe a couple times a year. Not much of a shopper really, except for expensive electric cars! :cool:

Maybe Bruce would consider changing the thread title to "Electronic Dr.", which would be totally awesome, and more appropriate (literally and figuratively).

Oh, most importantly: The Pet Smart there has daily cat adoptions! 😻

RT

I thought about calling it Electronic Drive, since that is the closest street, but decided to go with E Foothill Blvd based on the permit docs. Tesla could very well change the name when the site opens, but until then, this is the best information we have.

Thanks for the pics! Very helpful. It looks like the equipment will go against the building and the stalls out in the middle of the lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
Wow. They really like Pasadena. Isn’t this the 5th announced supercharger location there?

Happens to be 1 mile from my work.
It is the 5th that has been announced or discovered. Someone suggested the Colorado Bl. location may not be developed given it is just South of this location. Plus the possible Avon Ramp site just West a bit down Foothill.

RT