Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm Street (LIVE 21 Oct 2021, 20 V3, 7 DCFC, 20 L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just charged here and met the Tesla engineer who designed it! Fun fact, Franz (Tesla lead designer) went to school at Art Center.

20211021_180030.jpg

@bmah @MarcoRP This location should be titled "Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm Street" which is what came up in my charge history.

Last edited:
OMG, It's Alive ! ! !

PXL_20211022_114918369.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_115016599.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_115648353.MP.jpg

I asked trailer guy how he knew about it. Says he checked supercharge.info. The City chargers are not up yet. The 4 larger Tritium chargers have socks (wet socks) over the connectors. They have both CCS and Chademo. I didn't check the two smaller City chargers. Maybe later today. Foggy as heck this morning. Looks like maybe free juice this morning too, though I do have some free Supercharger miles so not sure about that.

I'm still on record thinking this is the ideal spot for the monolith Tesla sign on the corner! That sign would pay for itself in less than a week given the traffic on that corner.

RT

Last edited:
OMG, It's Alive ! ! !

View attachment 724246View attachment 724247View attachment 724248

I asked trailer guy how he knew about it. Says he checked supercharge.info. The City chargers are not up yet. The 4 larger Tritium chargers have socks (wet socks) over the connectors. They have both CCS and Chademo. I didn't check the two smaller City chargers. Maybe later today. Foggy as heck this morning. Looks like maybe free juice this morning too, though I do have some free Supercharger miles so not sure about that.

I'm still on record thinking this is the ideal spot for the monolith Tesla sign on the corner! That sign would pay for itself in less than a week given the traffic on that corner.

RT
Yes, it is. got a small charge last night (7 pm) as well. It was strange to be the only one there. . .

OMG, It's Alive ! ! !

View attachment 724246View attachment 724247View attachment 724248

RT
I’m pretty sure you ran into @Sasmania and his triceratops trailer, at least it looks a hell of a lot like that

Reactions: Sasmania
Longtime lurker, first time poster... Thank you to all, especially @RubberToe for keeping the updates coming on this charging station! I was able to stop by this morning and charge, all by myself but I imagine that won't last for long. And as you can see we are "on the map" now! The station that was being used in the photo was most likely me as I had just left the lot.
IMG_1911.jpg

Just charged here this morning, going back at lunch time.

Note that the entrance is a bit tricky, you have to be driving eastbound on Glenarm St. and the entrance is right after the Gold Line tracks. If you miss it, you might end up on the 110 freeway South bound!

Reactions: henh2o
Pasadena is about to get its second very large charging plaza, courtesy of the City and Tesla working together again. This is in a currently underutilized City owned lot by the power plant on the Southwest corner of Glenarm St. and Arroyo Parkway. For those not familiar with the area, this is the corner where the 110 North Freeway ends in Pasadena at Glenarm St:

index.php

The current lot entry point that will have to be used is off Glenarm St. You have to be driving East on Glenarm to turn into the lot. When you exit the lot you will also be going East on Glenarm. Given the freeway to the East and the raised median on Glenarm for the train, I don't think this layout is going to change.

index.php

There are several businesses on the nearby corner of Marengo and Glenarm, but with the freeway terminating right there this is a pretty dangerous street to be crossing. If you venture up Arroyo Parkway a few blocks there is everything you could want. Just West down Glenarm there is a liquor store with attached takeout food service, and then North up Fair Oaks is a BBQ place. All within 5 minute walking distance.

Full 5 page agenda report can be found here:
https://www.cityofpasadena.net/comm...Services-Committee-Agenda.pdf?v=1600430926918

And also below in the thumbnails:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Those familiar with my documenting of the construction of the other Pasadena Supercharger will know that this page will soon be filled with daily photos :)

RT
Ironic… I live on Raymond Hill with a view of the chargers and have been tracking them daily while I smoke… yesterday I pulled in to ask about when they officially open, and I was told the chargers were useable. I was the first to charge there Bc I have nothing better to do. Pretty exciting. It’s a good spot, but one entrance/exit, and yet again, no cue lines for when the chargers are full. I went last night again to show my son and it seemed no one was using it yet. Some cones threw everyone off, perhaps.

Attachments

• 5EB69AF6-3EBC-4127-9B3E-2F87D56A2642.jpeg
    5EB69AF6-3EBC-4127-9B3E-2F87D56A2642.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 78
Something just like this right on the corner of the parking lot. 10,000 cars a day driving past. Are you listening to me Elon Musk???

View attachment 589546
So that everyone can see a bunch of Tesla’s waiting to charge… the lines in the Paseo Garage on Marengo used to be tended by security, but that didn’t last. Plus it’s a pay lot. I’m thinking this location will be extremely busy during peak times. Not complaining but it’s a chaotic sight. When there was a line of 10+ cars in Culver City a few years ago the news van came! Lol

Just charged here this morning, going back at lunch time.

Note that the entrance is a bit tricky, you have to be driving eastbound on Glenarm St. and the entrance is right after the Gold Line tracks. If you miss it, you might end up on the 110 freeway South bound!
Better turning too late and ending up on the 110 South than turning early and ending up on the gold line tracks. . .

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r