Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm Street (LIVE 21 Oct 2021, 20 V3, 7 DCFC, 20 L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The station reopen back up by mid-day I believe. The entrance is quite tricky. Like some one said you might end up on turned into Gold Line track or 110 South. I am here charging around 7ish PM with only 7 available stalls left. I think I will visit this place more frequently since it closer to my house and less crowded compare to the one at SG.

Attachments

• 1C1EB7F8-C360-4295-B389-22A8AC6F155B.jpeg
    1C1EB7F8-C360-4295-B389-22A8AC6F155B.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: PStewart
The station reopen back up by mid-day I believe. The entrance is quite tricky. Like some one said you might end up on turned into Gold Line track or 110 South. I am here charging around 7ish PM with only 7 available stalls left. I think I will visit this place more frequently since it closer to my house and less crowded compare to the one at SG.
Is it currently free charging right now?

I drove by yesterday and saw two cars charging at the high power Tritium chargers. An E-Tron and a BMW I3. The City probably pulled the trigger a bit too fast when putting in 20 50kW DCFCs at the Marengo site. We will head to the site and try charging our 2015 KIA Soul which hasn't been fast charged in several years.

RT

Reactions: PStewart
Well some good news today. My original EV, 2015 Kia Soul, still is able to Chademo charge. It got 45 miles in 15 minutes at the 50kW City charger. Didn't bother trying the 150kW, maybe next time. The other news of interest is that the charger is currently set up for free charging. Wasn't sure how it worked, so I tried swiping my credit card at first, but no luck. Finally just plugged in and the station lit up like a Christmas tree. Then just hit the start button and we were off to the races. I was waiting for the Hamster girl to show up like in the TV commercial, but she was nowhere to be seen. Fingers crossed for next time!

PXL_20211105_121529899.MP.jpgPXL_20211105_122321414.jpgPXL_20211105_122928694.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Well some good news today. My original EV, 2015 Kia Soul, still is able to Chademo charge. It got 45 miles in 15 minutes at the 50kW City charger. Didn't bother trying the 150kW, maybe next time. The other news of interest is that the charger is currently set up for free charging. Wasn't sure how it worked, so I tried swiping my credit card at first, but no luck. Finally just plugged in and the station lit up like a Christmas tree. Then just hit the start button and we were off to the races. I was waiting for the Hamster girl to show up like in the TV commercial, but she was nowhere to be seen. Fingers crossed for next time!
It might be interesting to use one of the higher power chargers and see what it can deliver. The Soul EV was capable of more than 50kW on CHAdeMO even though there were no such stations when it was released. 125A is the normal limit for 50kW stations like the one you tried. There are CHAdeMO cables available that can deliver 200A. If the 150kW stations are optimally configured with that kind of cable, it should be able to deliver 75-80kW to the Soul EV, if my memory is correct about that car.

It might be interesting to use one of the higher power chargers and see what it can deliver. The Soul EV was capable of more than 50kW on CHAdeMO even though there were no such stations when it was released. 125A is the normal limit for 50kW stations like the one you tried. There are CHAdeMO cables available that can deliver 200A. If the 150kW stations are optimally configured with that kind of cable, it should be able to deliver 75-80kW to the Soul EV, if my memory is correct about that car.
Miimura,
Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll give that a try. Now I just have to drain the Hamster battery down to a reasonable level.

I'll be curious to see how long they waive the DCFC fee. Maybe the Tesla Supercharger brings in so much money the City can just donate the juice to the lesser used DCFCs to promote them? EV owners are good at sniffing out free electrons.

RT

EV owners are good at sniffing out free electrons.
So true. The local high school has one of those 50kW Veefil chargers and it is free outside the 4-9pm peak period. It was lightly but regularly used until they chained a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter next to it. Now, every time I drive by on the weekend, there is a Tesla charging there. The same lot has 26 J1772 and 3 Tesla Wall Connectors that are free during the same hours. There is always a L2 available.