Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now there is green vinyl fencing on the rooftop floor. Construction will start soon, it seems. Photo from Earl on PlugShare
C6124F34-7333-4720-8E92-7DA1FAED403F.jpeg

What you want to see in any construction project is continuous day to day progress. Seeing nothing change for weeks on end, either because of permitting problems, inspection delays, or contractor issues is always a bad sign.

So far nothing along those lines here. Speaking of lines, someone went pretty crazy with the red and yellow chalk and even drew a bunch of additional lines outside the previously fenced in area. Must not have got a passing grade during Coloring 101 in Kindergarten...

IMG_20190912_065944_zpspazdiozg.jpg

IMG_20190912_065839_zpsmyz5zaex.jpg

IMG_20190912_065826_zpswjok70ij.jpg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: otter and RabidYak
Definitely some pedestals going in outside the fenced area. Expect the fencing perimeter to be expanded shortly. Can't tell if the metal bases are permanently attached yet, or just positioned for more measuring. I initially thought that maybe there were going to be more than 24 bases installed, but they may be working around a couple light poles. Should have a better idea by the end of day today. Also, lots of piled up conduit by a former entrance waiting to be bolted up...

IMG_20190913_071341_zpsn0r8nmp0.jpg

IMG_20190913_070941_zpsjgpmqdim.jpg

IMG_20190913_070745_zpsdyj0rloq.jpg

IMG_20190913_070735_zpsfwc8hocz.jpg

No work on the top deck or the transformer area, but yesterday a crew were digging along the ground between the sidewalk and the garage. It looks like the feed will be underground from the corner to an area where it will come up and then go up the building side to the floor just under the garage. The ceiling mounted conduit will then come up through the roof floor to supply the Tesla chargers.

Doing that also allows the city installed chargers along this side of the wall on the roof to then tap into the same feed.

RT

IMG_20190921_070101_zpsl8qcqvjk.jpg

RT - thank you for your regular updates. Much appreciated. Do you work near by?

Based on the construction progress, does anyone know or have a rough idea as when this will go live, based on past Construction sites?

I live nearby. I believe somewhere up thread I posted that the expected startup date discussed at the municipal service committee meeting was stated to be mid-November. I would bet the city supplied DCFCs won't be ready by then. Just a guess on my part.

RT

RT - thank you for your regular updates. Much appreciated. Do you work near by?

Based on the construction progress, does anyone know or have a rough idea as when this will go live, based on past Construction sites?

On Sept 4th I was told by someone from the city on site that the target completion date was Nov 15th and that he felt confident they would make it by then based on the momentum the project had at the time.