Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here yesterday (Sunday) about 6:00. Site was empty, so were all the spots across next to the building that locals guaranteed would be packed 24/7 when this site address was initially disclosed. Have a couple observations that will hopefully help other MY/3 drivers here (some may have been made before but just wanted to reiterate and expand).

I did not feel the stalls were crowded overall but if you park all the way back, then you will risk hitting your doors on the charge post or bollards. With no curb stops and an actual curb, you are tempted to back all the way up. However, there is more than enough room if you don't back all the way in. The ideal spot is with the back of the rear door being in front of the charge post, you can even go as far forward as having th eback of your rear tire in front of the charge post, there is that much extra room at the front of the stalls for these models. This will also ensure than your front door will be forward of the bollard.

You can see I stopped about a foot in front of the curb and it made getting out a bit tricky with the front door not clear of the bollard. We didn't have anyone getting out of the back so that wasn't affected but there is clearly room to be 1-2 ft farther forward than I was and still be within the stall at the front end. it would be nice if they put a stop even with the front of the charge posts but I guess this gives more room for alternate makes to use the stalls when the adapters are available, although opening doors would be tricky for those will front ports (F150).

IMG_5723.jpgIMG_5725.jpgIMG_5724.jpg

As another data point I, charged on Tuesday last week for the first time and around 7pm all of those parking spaces across the way were also completely empty then as well. The good news is that the bollard is padded so if you do door it you hopefully won't harm your paint too bad.

For round trip to/from Walla Walla from the west side was doable with Kennewick, but it was a PITA. Tastings don't usually really last long enough to get a meaningful charge. I was just at Amavi and they have 2 destination chargers and neither were in use but there were about 5 Teslas parked out front. I assume they all have a destination charger where they're staying or they're locals. I convinced my mom to put in a charger at her BnB and it's listed on the map (that's dumb that you have to have 6 now to qualify) and she's already gotten a few bookings for Tesla owners looking to charge.

The challenge is that Yakima -> WW -> Pasco is about 190 miles. If you are Standard Range+, it's cold or you drive around a bit while staying here the return leg to Pasco can get tricky unless you stop here both coming and going. The ideal location IMO is the city lot next to the VFW hall in WW. If you leave Seattle at 100% you can make it to Pasco just barely in a LR tesla and just charge for about 10 minutes. Then you could head into town and top off for real while making your dinner reservation or before leaving Walla Walla to make it to Ellensburg or Cle-Elum on the way back.

As I see it Pasco is ideal for Eastbound traffic and Cle-Elum/Ellensburg are for Westbound traffic making the loop to wine country. Pasco is both too far and too close to resolve Walla Walla traffic needs IMO. The other solution is to put in a station around Zillah's McDonalds. Then you might want to charge longer in Pasco and hit Zillah on the way out. That's more comfortable both on the bladder/hunger and charge levels heading west than Yakima and means you don't have to charge to 100% in Pasco before heading into WW to backtrack all the way to Yakima without stopping.

As another data point I, charged on Tuesday last week for the first time and around 7pm all of those parking spaces across the way were also completely empty then as well. The good news is that the bollard is padded so if you do door it you hopefully won't harm your paint too bad.

For round trip to/from Walla Walla from the west side was doable with Kennewick, but it was a PITA. Tastings don't usually really last long enough to get a meaningful charge. I was just at Amavi and they have 2 destination chargers and neither were in use but there were about 5 Teslas parked out front. I assume they all have a destination charger where they're staying or they're locals. I convinced my mom to put in a charger at her BnB and it's listed on the map (that's dumb that you have to have 6 now to qualify) and she's already gotten a few bookings for Tesla owners looking to charge.

The challenge is that Yakima -> WW -> Pasco is about 190 miles. If you are Standard Range+, it's cold or you drive around a bit while staying here the return leg to Pasco can get tricky unless you stop here both coming and going. The ideal location IMO is the city lot next to the VFW hall in WW. If you leave Seattle at 100% you can make it to Pasco just barely in a LR tesla and just charge for about 10 minutes. Then you could head into town and top off for real while making your dinner reservation or before leaving Walla Walla to make it to Ellensburg or Cle-Elum on the way back.

As I see it Pasco is ideal for Eastbound traffic and Cle-Elum/Ellensburg are for Westbound traffic making the loop to wine country. Pasco is both too far and too close to resolve Walla Walla traffic needs IMO. The other solution is to put in a station around Zillah's McDonalds. Then you might want to charge longer in Pasco and hit Zillah on the way out. That's more comfortable both on the bladder/hunger and charge levels heading west than Yakima and means you don't have to charge to 100% in Pasco before heading into WW to backtrack all the way to Yakima without stopping.
The 6 charger minimum is if you want to be a commercial partner and be able to collect money for charging. You can still get listed on the map with a single charger. Either way you still have to pay for the equipment and installation. Long gone are the free equipment days.

With M3/Y, you should be able to get 10-12% charge during an hour tasting. Between The Walls, Amavi, Peppers Bridge (they have one, it used to be on the map but was dropped for some reason), Isenhower (recently installed J1772 HPWC), Dunham, Abeja, Marcus Whitman Hotel (dinner) along with ChargePoint at Caprio, you could easily get 60-80% while charging during tastings/meas if you plan accordingly. There is also a FLO DCFC out near the airport (across from College Cellars if you want to stick to charging while tasting) that you have to pay for and requires an adapter but is an option for quick replenishing.

The 6 charger minimum is if you want to be a commercial partner and be able to collect money for charging. You can still get listed on the map with a single charger. Either way you still have to pay for the equipment and installation. Long gone are the free equipment days.

With M3/Y, you should be able to get 10-12% charge during an hour tasting. Between The Walls, Amavi, Peppers Bridge (they have one, it used to be on the map but was dropped for some reason), Isenhower (recently installed J1772 HPWC), Dunham, Abeja, Marcus Whitman Hotel (dinner) along with ChargePoint at Caprio, you could easily get 60-80% while charging during tastings/meas if you plan accordingly. There is also a FLO DCFC out near the airport (across from College Cellars if you want to stick to charging while tasting) that you have to pay for and requires an adapter but is an option for quick replenishing.
I guess it depends on how many days you're staying. Hitting 8 tastings might raise other issues for driving home (without FSD v29). 😂

I can confirm though that with good weather and a 300mi of charge you can comfortably reach Cle Elum from Walla Walla without stopping at Pasco, Yakima or Ellensburg.

So during the summer SEA > Pasco > WW > Cle Elum > SEA is a doable loop. A longer range S, hypermiling or an adventurous spirit might possibly get you even to North Bend.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how many days you're staying. Hitting 8 tastings might raise other issues for driving home (without FSD v29). 😂

I can confirm though that with good weather and a 300mi of charge you can comfortably reach Cle Elum from Walla Walla without stopping at Pasco, Yakima or Ellensburg.

So during the summer SEA > Pasco > WW > Cle Elum > SEA is a doable loop. A longer range S, hypermiling or an adventurous spirit might possibly get you even to North Bend.
Well of course a responsible person would spread those visits over a couple of days since you would need about an hour at each spot to top the electron tank up. Most places are only open 11-5 so doing 8 in one day wouldn't get you the full benefit of the charging since there aren't enough open hours.