Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1671595647309.png

Reactions: bruce4000
⬆️ Well, I’m not an electrical expert, but why would somebody think that rebar under concrete would qualify as a grounding spike? Wouldn’t the ground spike be on the plans, perhaps LIKE EVERY OTHER SUPERCONDUCTOR INSTALLATION PLAN?🤯🤡

⬆️ Well, I’m not an electrical expert, but why would somebody think that rebar under concrete would qualify as a grounding spike? Wouldn’t the ground spike be on the plans, perhaps LIKE EVERY OTHER SUPERCONDUCTOR INSTALLATION PLAN?🤯🤡
It was only partially disapproved so who knows. They did the install at Quincy which was approved but those were prefab units so there must be some difference. I wonder if they have rebar in the slab that extends into the ground to ground the individual slabs and they tried to do the same thing on a regular install?

• Rebar is not an electrical component, it is structural.
  • Concrete is not a conductor, so there’s no point to grounding a concrete slab, whether reinforced or not.
Yes, I understand when you take the two comments completely separately. I was suggesting that the prefab units have a built in grounding rod that is inserted into the ground when the unit is set in place. SInce this company has only installed a prefab site before, they may have done something similar with rebar (which obviously wouldn't pass code) based on their prior work. It was just a possible reason. Who knows why they actually did it.

Not sure if these images will show but no new work has been done in a few weeks. Must be waiting for some approvals to move on.

I went by here over the weekend. The cabinet install is a little odd, they must have been constrained on space/easement along the grass strip at rear. I'm a local, so it won't help me much but I still think this is a decent stop for folks heading to/from Walla Walla, Dayton, Blue Mtns. The Kennewick SC is an older 150 and is a little out of the way if just transiting Pasco on I-182. Quite a few food options nearby aside from Yokes. Road 68 is a bit of a cluster, but if you are from a larger city, the traffic will seem almost normal...

I was going to comment that this was an interesting install (compared to recent Washington state locations). At least in this case a car will get screwed up instead of a pedestal if someone backs in poorly...
Doesn't it look super tight? I was going to swing by and measure the bay because it looks as if vehicles will barely fit.

On that note, does the cybertruck have a wider wheel base than the current tesla's?

Reactions: rovercon
Doesn't it look super tight? I was going to swing by and measure the bay because it looks as if vehicles will barely fit.

On that note, does the cybertruck have a wider wheel base than the current tesla's?
Everything is going to be tight for that truck, I've really been surprised Tesla hasn't changed their new deployments to accommodate that better.

It looks very tight, but they actually appear to be just as wide as the marked parking spaces, just offset obviously (hopefully they fully get rid of the old markings, otherwise I could see a lot of drivers focusing on those and backing right into the post).

Reactions: rovercon
Everything is going to be tight for that truck, I've really been surprised Tesla hasn't changed their new deployments to accommodate that better.

It looks very tight, but they actually appear to be just as wide as the marked parking spaces, just offset obviously (hopefully they fully get rid of the old markings, otherwise I could see a lot of drivers focusing on those and backing right into the post).

Still kinda scratching my head- it looks very narrow, guess we will see when complete. However if you really back in very far, rear passengers aren’t getting out very easily on either side…if at all. There are both the pedestals and the posts to deal with. I’m thinking they had an initial plan and this got shot down for whatever reason…this layout is what they ended up with. Cybertruck might be able to charge on the end one….but can’t believe it will fit in between the rest.