Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paso Robles, CA - Golden Hill Road (LIVE, 28 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos that show the setting would be interesting... I just virtually "drove" from 101 to the location on Google Maps Street view (kept trying to pass that darn green bus haha) and it's interesting they didn't put this next to TJ Maxx in that little parking lot... closer to Starbucks which is great, but more likely to get ICED as those are prime parking positions for the shops on that side. The highway looks much better than the stop and go to the Salinas Supercharger which is great.

This location is less than 2 miles from the 101, with the entire distance being a 60mph+ road with one stop light along the way. If you hit the green light it would be a 3 minute detour, if you hit the red light it's a 4 minute detour. Slightly less convenient than Atascadero but not enough so to make it worth stopping there over Paso (assuming you can make it to Paso). You will more than make up any extra driving with 250kW charging.

This location is less than 2 miles from the 101, with the entire distance being a 60mph+ road with one stop light along the way. If you hit the green light it would be a 3 minute detour, if you hit the red light it's a 4 minute detour. Slightly less convenient than Atascadero but not enough so to make it worth stopping there over Paso (assuming you can make it to Paso). You will more than make up any extra driving with 250kW charging.

Gee.... I don't know.... 3 minutes.... sheesh !!!!

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe

And those of us driving from San Joaquin Valley to the Central Coast this is right in the path and far enough away from Kettleman to be quite useful. Really looking forward to its completion I think it will be my new go to when I travel to the coast.

Yes this one's a great addition to the corridor, for sure.

Yes, especially if you're wine tasting in the region. A friend of mine has a house near the Madonna Inn and I try to Supercharge the car up to ~65% before I slow charge the car overnight when we visit. A trip out to Oro State Park in Los Oso, then a visiting a few wineries in Paso Robles can easily consume 90 miles of range. We use the level 2 chargers at the wineries when available, but having a Supercharger near a major shopping center would be a big help. I remember visiting Halter Ranch Vineyards about a year ago; they had six Level 2 charging stations that were all occupied (even in the off-season).

This should also elevate SLO Supercharger for all the southbound travelers on the 101. Stop in Paso for a quick rest and charge, skip Atascadero, skip SLO, charge in Pismo (if you're a <240 mi range Tesla), and have your pick in Buellton/Goleta/Oxnard.

Perhaps a Supercharger in San Lucas at the 101 and 198 will happen in a year. It's a good mid-point between Salinas and Paso Robles, and it can serve as by-pass in case drivers need to get to/from I5 a la Kettleman City.

It would be great to hear how it is getting from 101 to the chargers... Hoping it's better than Salinas and more like SLO / Atascadero where it's easy on and off?

And those are V3 for sure?

checking in on progress. Appreciate people taking the time to take and post photos.

IMO Salinas isn’t bad if you approach and exit to the north of the SC location on Boregas, even if you have to overshoot driving Northbound on 101. You have the shopping mall traffic but I think it’s a better route than driving intown for any distance unless maybe late at night but still in that case late at night no real mall traffic and short distance to Boreagas 101 Exit going north or south on 101. The southern intown route which Tesla Nav was recommending during our trips in the past can eat up tons of time depending on time of day, day of week and what’s going on in town event wise. During non-covid times especially. The intown southern path had us waiting in traffic for a long time on one of our return to the SF Bay area one weekend to the point we just don’t do it any more.

Yeah, I knew when I saw the planned location that Hwy access was going to be confusing - let alone approach from the South at an early 101 exit.
Wish the Tesla direx would simplify. Wait till the holdays - shopping will make the Baronda road interchange excruciating.

I just passed through and took some more pictures this evening. Not a whole lot of progress from last Friday but both the main switchgear as well as each of the Supercharging V3 cabinets appear to be in. I drove around the perimeter and it does not butt up to any shopping area it is kind of in the middle of the parking complex so I think there is some chance that we won't be iced all the time. Time will tell after this gets energized. IMG_20200723_191036.jpg IMG_20200723_191055.jpg IMG_20200723_191059.jpg IMG_20200723_191120.jpg IMG_20200723_191144.jpg IMG_20200723_191149.jpg IMG_20200723_191153.jpg IMG_20200723_191207.jpg IMG_20200723_191223.jpg

There are countless destination chargers at inns and wineries in Paso - if you’re staying the night there’s zero reason to not wake up with a fully charged battery.
You can't hardly throw a rock without hitting a destination charger at wineries in Paso. I suppose if you want to top off after hitting a few wineries on your way out, this new v3 will be helpful. ;-)
I usually have about 15% left when arriving home to Burbank from Paso, if I leave at 100% in my 100D.