Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The coming Payson SC has hit the local newspaper:
Tesla Supercharger Station coming to Payson
Bless their hearts. If only:
"An internet search found there are 1,375 Supercharger Stations across North America with 11,414 Superchargers."
(bad search results - 648 per supercharge.info)

OK - an electric motor is like an engine.

"Not clear if superchargers can charge other vehicles. "
Wouldn't take too much research to find the answer to that question.

It is nice they are at least talking about it.

Now this is progress.
20181205_112140.jpg
20181205_111818.jpg

I read through the article thinking they would provide information on when it would open, but no such luck.
If the utility transformer is installed and connected in quick time, then it could be open as early as before Christmas or New Year's. If it's a little slow, then probably sometime in January of February. Very slow and we could be talking July 4th. The most that can really be said is that the construction of the Tesla part of it will be done before Christmas, but the utility hook-up and energizing of the site is out of their hands. Which is why they never comment on it.

Reactions: tmoz
Based on those pictures, things left to do:
  1. Utility transformer isn't yet installed. In pic #3, to the left of the enclosure, you can see the empty pad with conduit stubs sticking up where it will go.
  2. Utility connection and site energizing. Also may include installing the meter if not done before.
  3. Final Electrical inspections.
  4. Asphalt still needs patching near the new curb by the enclosure.
  5. Parking lot lines need repainting.
  6. Parking signs need to be installed. Posts are already in though.
  7. Wheel stops, if they're going to be used, need to be installed.
  8. Final building inspection.
  9. Commissioning visit by Tesla Supercharger employee including testing and putting the numbering stickers on the connector hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: JamesBond and tmoz
I go to Payson quite a bit as a my parents live there. This Summer I monitored the Parking Lot and was disturbed to see this area used frequently by patrons ( at one time there was a Truck with a Trailer parked across 5 spots). There really needs to be a sign similar to the signage in the HOV lanes in Phoenix, stating Arizona Statute and FINE for parking in these spots and not charging. I fear they will be ICE'd quite a bit. Will be pleasantly surprised to be found wrong.