Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger PCN fine at new Tongham / Farnham location

Surely it wouldn't be hard for tesla to implement an automatic site register once the car plugs in/out. I would have thought that a simple command to export/update to the site/hotel via csv file would suffice. I had one last year at a holiday inn. I had just picked up an i3 and was running on fumes per say and struggling with broken chargers and chargers that were in quarantine sites with no access. The holiday inn was shut and deserted and my mind was only set on having to get this charger going (had to register and put credit on bp app since contactless was not working) and to be fair, this might of saved the day as all I did was send the receipt/screen shot of the bp app that had all the details. Still caused me needless hassle imho.

Agree with others.... it's a money spinner as well as unnecessary grief and somewhat archaic system.

Surely it wouldn't be hard for tesla to implement an automatic site register once the car plugs in/out. I would have thought that a simple command to export/update to the site/hotel via csv file would suffice. I had one last year at a holiday inn. I had just picked up an i3 and was running on fumes per say and struggling with broken chargers and chargers that were in quarantine sites with no access. The holiday inn was shut and deserted and my mind was only set on having to get this charger going (had to register and put credit on bp app since contactless was not working) and to be fair, this might of saved the day as all I did was send the receipt/screen shot of the bp app that had all the details. Still caused me needless hassle imho.

Agree with others.... it's a money spinner as well as unnecessary grief and somewhat archaic system.
It feels like this should actually be a requirement for supercharging leases. If you want to offer SC, you've got to accept a list of car reg's and times, and stop mucking about with penalty charges for people legitimately using the superchargers.

It's a PITA for me as an able bodied person, but if you've got a kid in the car, or struggle to walk a distance, there is an accessibility element here, surely?

Morning all,

Quick warning to those who intend to use the new supercharger site at Tongham / Farnham, Surrey. It's a 250kW, so quite appealing for those in the area.
The car park requires you to register at the hotel reception in order to avoid a PCN fine.

If you've been issued a PCN, contact the reception desk who may be able to assist.

A lesson learned to check the signs (assuming they exist). I would have expected parking charges at public pay and display car parks, but this just seems like a money spinner. I struggle to comprehend why a hotel in the middle of nowhere, next to a major A-road, needs to have this level of enforcement. The Hogs Back Hotel is part of the same group as the hotel in Kings Lynn that operates a similar ANPR / parking enforcement system.
Apparently, these rip off charges have been successfully challenged in court. They rely on our "life's to short and can't be faffed " attitude and laugh all the way to the bank.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC