Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Peachtree Corners, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Otis! Something went wrong with your photo uploads and multiple copies came in. Anyway I can barely see in two of your photos that the utility transformer is now in.

For Electrify America, four stations is typical, and I know that at this site two of them will be 350 kW. Plugshare updated.

Next time please look for the meter. Actually I wonder if they will have two separate meters here. Makes sense that they would, but I've never seen a dual site like this.

I stopped by yesterday. The utility transformer is in place, barely visible in a couple of Otis's photos. No meter(s) to be seen yet.

It looks like the EA install will have 4 pedestals - - 2 x 150 kW and 2 x 350 kW. Signet hardware. There are two more conduit positions which might be for two Level 2 stations, which is rare for an EA site but not unprecedented.

Farm Burger and the coffee shop have closed in the Town Center. There would be space for a small showroom if Tesla wanted one. But both of those are in prime walkup locations from the green. I'd guess the city wants more restaurants there. The theater has been closed since March because of covid and is for sale, but it's a new building and the developer wants to keep it as a theater. There's more space across the street at the Forum.

... which is a typical host agreement.

And that's why it's so surprising (and frustrating) that Tesla and Electrify America and Georgia Power have so much trouble finding willing hosts. OMG, why do you people not understand what's being offered to you...

• Informative
Reactions: dc121gw
Pic of spot in front of post

Attachments

• DE791685-AA80-4D06-82FC-DB176B481D3A.jpeg
    DE791685-AA80-4D06-82FC-DB176B481D3A.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 112
One thing I did notice when I was there...the existing Tesla charger cables are not long enough to reach my M3 at the parking spots in front of the posts. You can see the bumper blocks are moved out.

Interesting... They clearly didn't design this site properly for that obstruction, if they keep the standard cables. Those stations by the columns simply will not get used.

I wonder why this does not show up on the Tesla site as "coming soon"?

TMC needs a "LOL" reaction option.

These may be operational! The Tesla logos are lit up. There is a Model S here that is charging - - charge port is blinking. It may belong to Tesla Inc and they are here testing, or maybe an owner, I don't know. Obviously somebody here should go test :) Attn @OtisJ

EDIT: this site is now appearing in Tesla's in-car navigation, so yeah these are officially good to go!

Regarding the pedestals that are blocked by the columns, I had not noticed from previous pictures that those units are actually turned sideways. In theory that should help extend the cable out further, but it's still not enough. I predict that they will either move the curb stops closer to the columns, or install longer cables. I've never heard of longer cables at these stations so it will probably be the former, and it probably will still work pretty badly.

Anyway, release the hounds!

Attachments

• 20201204_140719.jpg
    20201204_140719.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I stopped by yesterday. The utility transformer is in place, barely visible in a couple of Otis's photos. No meter(s) to be seen yet.

It looks like the EA install will have 4 pedestals - - 2 x 150 kW and 2 x 350 kW. Signet hardware. There are two more conduit positions which might be for two Level 2 stations, which is rare for an EA site but not unprecedented.

That is good to know. Now more people would know the Availability of DCFCs and hopefully it will promote EVs.
The labels on the EA boxes indicate there are 10 units. The labels say 2/10.
I can try to drive by and check what's the latest.

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_220707.jpg
    IMG_20201120_220707.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20201120_220703.jpg
    IMG_20201120_220703.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 65
Not to derail much to EA, but that's just 10 crates. There will be four stations at this EA site. Two of the "dispensers" will offer 350 kW, which requires two cabinets each. So 4+1+1+2+2=10.

EDIT: yup, as mociaf9 said at the same time :)