Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pecos, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see a thread for this one, and hit this in my dig site trolling, anyone in the area to check to see if there is anything going in there? I do see the Supercharger site listing Pecos as a location and a large site like Flying J might make sense.

upload_2017-11-5_12-51-56.png

It does say digging deeper than 16" no, so I'm not sure these are Superchargers...? I also saw for Fort Stocketon the following, but again, not deeper than 16" and I thought the conduits were down around there but maybe? Just throwing it out there..
Hmmm. How big are "inches" in Texas?

Fantastic news.

Tangentially, Pilot/Flying J poured a bunch of money into many of their truck stops/travel plazas (e.g., tile/fixtures/lighting in the showers, upgraded food options) over the last few years.

If even 10% of their locations (strategically sprinkled about) had SCs, they would win by differentiating themselves from T/A and Love’s and even Petro (surprised Petro didn’t take the lead with this), and of course we as Tesla owners win by having a certain standard for facilities and so forth.

Maybe the crews in Deming and Willcox really will get to spend their holidays in West Texas.

Fantastic news.

Tangentially, Pilot/Flying J poured a bunch of money into many of their truck stops/travel plazas (e.g., tile/fixtures/lighting in the showers, upgraded food options) over the last few years.

If even 10% of their locations (strategically sprinkled about) had SCs, they would win by differentiating themselves from T/A and Love’s and even Petro (surprised Petro didn’t take the lead with this), and of course we as Tesla owners win by having a certain standard for facilities and so forth.

Maybe the crews in Deming and Willcox really will get to spend their holidays in West Texas.
There are quite a few superchargers at Love's truck stops. Off the top of my head I can think of Steele, AL, Three Rivers, TX, Midland, TX and Italy, TX but there are probably a few others as well. I noticed there are 369 Love's truck stops in the US and was wondering if they might just put superchargers in all or most of them. Or even just many of them :)

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
It does say digging deeper than 16" no, so I'm not sure these are Superchargers...? I also saw for Fort Stocketon the following, but again, not deeper than 16" and I thought the conduits were down around there but maybe? Just throwing it out there...

View attachment 258355
This permit appears to be only for the site survey as the duration is only one day. I don't think this applies to any installation work. An inch is an inch, even in Texas.

I drove around the Flying J parking lot yesterday, but I didn't see any work being done or even surveyed (aside from a few seemingly random pink flags). I'm not sure that this lot is the best choice though, as it was packed with oil field workers. There's no way to keep the chargers from being ICEd in this location, I'm afraid... A motel parking lot might be a little better choice here?

I drove around the Flying J parking lot yesterday, but I didn't see any work being done or even surveyed (aside from a few seemingly random pink flags). I'm not sure that this lot is the best choice though, as it was packed with oil field workers. There's no way to keep the chargers from being ICEd in this location, I'm afraid... A motel parking lot might be a little better choice here?
Who do you think stays in the motels?

Anyone have any experience with RV parks or other ways to charge in Pecos? I won't make the 181 miles with my THULE. Thanks
Other than the Best Western's destination charger, I don't know. I think it is pretty low power, so You'd have to stay overnight (which they probably require anyway).

The comments in Plugshare also say there is a Sun Country J1772 at the BW and further research shows it is 48A, but there is some question as to it's reality. The vast majority of Sun Country facilities are free, but there is little info on this one.

I have no info on RV parks, other than there are several. Not sure when you are travelling, but remember that parks can get pretty full at times when the weather North turns cold.