Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pembina, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Company Name: DESIGN TREE ENGINEERING
Fax Phone: 000-000-0000
Contact Name: JON SCHUETTE
Phone: 320-762-1290
Alt Contact: JON SCHUETTE/CELL
Alt. Phone: 320-808-1000
Caller Address: 120 17TH AVE W ALEXANDRIA, MN 56308
Email Address: [email protected]

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: EXCAVATION FOR BOUNDRY SURVEY
Work Being Done For: TESLA MOTORS
Depth: 1FT
Explosives: N
Tunneling/Boring: N

DIG SITE LOCATION

County: PEMBINA
Place: PEMBINA
Address: 700
Street: W STUTSMAN ST
Intersecting Street: 7TH ST S
Side of Road: EXCAVATION IS ON THE S SIDE OF THE ROAD.
Location of Work: FROM THE ABOVE INTERSECTION MARK GOING EASTERNLY APPX 400FT & SOUTHERNLY APPX 400FT & SQUARE IT OFF
Remarks:
Caller Twp: 163N
Rng: 51W
Sect-Qtr: 5-SE
Map Twp: 163N
Rng: 51W
Sect-Qtr: 5-SE
Map Coord NW Lat: 48.9703470
Lon: -97.2549258
SE Lat: 48.9688737
Lon: -97.2524332

MEMBERS NOTIFIED

Nice find.

Hawaii’s gotta be pissed.

As for Alaska, I decided I’m not visiting until Elon’s comment of lighting up “the Alaskan Highway eventually” comes to fruition.

I figure “soon” and “eventually” are even money to occur before L5 autonomous driving - which by that time will be the only way I’ll have to get around since they’ll have taken my license away for sure (due to old age - at best).

Pembina Update:
I spoke with the manager (owner?), Dan, at the Gas Trak in Pembina. He knows where it is supposed to go, knows the survey was completed, but hasn't heard anything from Tesla since. I suggested giving them a call/e-mail and see if he can give them a little boost to get his location going. He's excited and is even interested in possibly purchasing a Tesla once these all go up in ND!

Should we pool our resources and buy him a Model 3? Then there would be a pool on whether the M3 or the SC arrives first.
i legitimately have friends and yes family in Pembina/St. Vincent and nearby Neche ND so i need to give them a call to see if they've been to any city meetings of late where this has been discussed.

my cousin was in ohio a few months ago and was scoffing at Tesla's and i said, "I own one" and his jaw dropped. the test drive was epic, lol.

i will drive straight to Pembina as soon as it opens, i just didn't want to rely on the camp grounds to charge from North MN on... :D

Reactions: lightfoot3b
i legitimately have friends and yes family in Pembina/St. Vincent and nearby Neche ND so i need to give them a call to see if they've been to any city meetings of late where this has been discussed.

my cousin was in ohio a few months ago and was scoffing at Tesla's and i said, "I own one" and his jaw dropped. the test drive was epic, lol.

i will drive straight to Pembina as soon as it opens, i just didn't want to rely on the camp grounds to charge from North MN on... :D
I just travelled that way a month ago in my X 100D. I came from the Twin Cities direction, charged overnight at Timberlake Hotel in Staples MN. Very nice hotel, worth the stay and at a great price too. That got me all the way to Winnipeg. On the return trip, I made it from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. I've forgotten the amperage but the Best Western Harvest Inn (Grand Forks) has the best charger in town. There are other choices as backup.

You should be able to make a similar trip to Pembina without visiting campgrounds. Your range anxiety should start and end in Grand Forks.

I just travelled that way a month ago in my X 100D. I came from the Twin Cities direction, charged overnight at Timberlake Hotel in Staples MN. Very nice hotel, worth the stay and at a great price too. That got me all the way to Winnipeg. On the return trip, I made it from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. I've forgotten the amperage but the Best Western Harvest Inn (Grand Forks) has the best charger in town. There are other choices as backup.

You should be able to make a similar trip to Pembina without visiting campgrounds. Your range anxiety should start and end in Grand Forks.
ahhh, but you have a 100D :D I have a P90D with 22" wheels which gets me about 180 miles...yes i'm actively looking for a set of 20's which should get me closer to 210-230 miles of range, but have major anxiety at the moment.

well...i just spoke to Dan Anderson, (gastrak manager), who some may have already contacted, and he gave me the information to contact the local tesla employee that's looking into this location and the surrounding chargers.

he recommended i tell you the contact info so that he doesnt get anymore calls as he's in the dark as to what's happening. (negotiations are going through the gastrak corporate office)

so, the contact is: Mark Nabong, [email protected]

perhaps we can send emails that shows our sense of urgency on this location to give it some priority status?

cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: lightfoot3b
well...i just spoke to Dan Anderson, (gastrak manager), who some may have already contacted, and he gave me the information to contact the local tesla employee that's looking into this location and the surrounding chargers.

he recommended i tell you the contact info so that he doesnt get anymore calls as he's in the dark as to what's happening. (negotiations are going through the gastrak corporate office)

so, the contact is: Mark Nabong, [email protected]

perhaps we can send emails that shows our sense of urgency on this location to give it some priority status?

cheers!
Hmm not sure that's a good idea since they aren't the public facing Tesla employees... It would have been nice if he told me corporate was working with it at this point.

Alexandria is the sticking point to make the rest happen. That's where we need some inside info. I'll let you contact Mark so we don't bombard him. Please report back if he does/doesn't reply?

With Elon"s tweet about more Supperchargers, I wonder if this route to Canada will get any priority?
If by priority you mean this year - never. This will also probably be the last strip built. I think they’ll do ND first, the TransCan after, and then the link (Pembina). Just my thoughts