TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Pembina, ND

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Swamey1, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

Company Name: DESIGN TREE ENGINEERING
    Fax Phone: 000-000-0000
    Contact Name: JON SCHUETTE
    Phone: 320-762-1290
    Alt Contact: JON SCHUETTE/CELL
    Alt. Phone: 320-808-1000
    Caller Address: 120 17TH AVE W ALEXANDRIA, MN 56308
    Email Address: [email protected]

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: EXCAVATION FOR BOUNDRY SURVEY
    Work Being Done For: TESLA MOTORS
    Depth: 1FT
    Explosives: N
    Tunneling/Boring: N

DIG SITE LOCATION

County: PEMBINA
    Place: PEMBINA
    Address: 700
    Street: W STUTSMAN ST
    Intersecting Street: 7TH ST S
    Side of Road: EXCAVATION IS ON THE S SIDE OF THE ROAD.
    Location of Work: FROM THE ABOVE INTERSECTION MARK GOING EASTERNLY APPX 400FT & SOUTHERNLY APPX 400FT & SQUARE IT OFF
    Remarks:
    Caller Twp: 163N
    Rng: 51W
    Sect-Qtr: 5-SE
    Map Twp: 163N
    Rng: 51W
    Sect-Qtr: 5-SE
    Map Coord NW Lat: 48.9703470
    Lon: -97.2549258
    SE Lat: 48.9688737
    Lon: -97.2524332

MEMBERS NOTIFIED

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Holy Winnipeg, Batman! Looks like they're prioritizing the connection to Winnipeg, MB over I-94.

3. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

Location for the 1st supercharger ever in ND :)

4. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

With this and Alexandria located, Grand Forks and Fargo can’t be too far off.

Then it’s west to Jamestown and on.

Tesla has lot of updating and building going on in the northern states. There’s still a lot of frost in the ground here yet.

5. Swamey1

Swamey1 Member

Found the Fargo permit @ West Acres Mall

• Like x 2
  6. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

That would be the Gastrak convenience store / truck stop, which is pretty much all the traveler services in Pembina. Not that anyone will complain of course!

• Like x 1
  7. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

And the final state in the continental US !!!

There was a contest (years ago) as to which state would be last. Alaska and Hawaii were eliminated cuz most of us figured we'd be dead.

Don't know who wins, but.... here it is!!

• Funny x 1
  8. lightfoot3b

lightfoot3b Member

I'm so sick of winning this contest ;)

Dickinson is also located, but again, not public info just yet...

9. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

Hmmm??? Some sort of prize needs to be awarded :)

I'll be working on that ;)

• Funny x 1
  10. snort

snort Member

Today, the Trans Canada Highway is unserved between Calgary and Sudbury, ON. There are almost 2000 miles of Hockey fans in that gap. They're also doing Portage la Prairie and Brandon, which is a nice start on the part of it from Winnipeg to Calgary.

-Snortybartfast

11. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice find.

Hawaii’s gotta be pissed.

As for Alaska, I decided I’m not visiting until Elon’s comment of lighting up “the Alaskan Highway eventually” comes to fruition.

I figure “soon” and “eventually” are even money to occur before L5 autonomous driving - which by that time will be the only way I’ll have to get around since they’ll have taken my license away for sure (due to old age - at best).

12. lightfoot3b

lightfoot3b Member

Pembina Update:
    I spoke with the manager (owner?), Dan, at the Gas Trak in Pembina. He knows where it is supposed to go, knows the survey was completed, but hasn't heard anything from Tesla since. I suggested giving them a call/e-mail and see if he can give them a little boost to get his location going. He's excited and is even interested in possibly purchasing a Tesla once these all go up in ND!

• Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  13. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

Should we pool our resources and buy him a Model 3? Then there would be a pool on whether the M3 or the SC arrives first.

• Funny x 1
  14. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i legitimately have friends and yes family in Pembina/St. Vincent and nearby Neche ND so i need to give them a call to see if they've been to any city meetings of late where this has been discussed.

my cousin was in ohio a few months ago and was scoffing at Tesla's and i said, "I own one" and his jaw dropped. the test drive was epic, lol.

i will drive straight to Pembina as soon as it opens, i just didn't want to rely on the camp grounds to charge from North MN on... :D

• Like x 1
  15. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

I just travelled that way a month ago in my X 100D. I came from the Twin Cities direction, charged overnight at Timberlake Hotel in Staples MN. Very nice hotel, worth the stay and at a great price too. That got me all the way to Winnipeg. On the return trip, I made it from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. I've forgotten the amperage but the Best Western Harvest Inn (Grand Forks) has the best charger in town. There are other choices as backup.

You should be able to make a similar trip to Pembina without visiting campgrounds. Your range anxiety should start and end in Grand Forks.

16. Peteybabes

ahhh, but you have a 100D :D I have a P90D with 22" wheels which gets me about 180 miles...yes i'm actively looking for a set of 20's which should get me closer to 210-230 miles of range, but have major anxiety at the moment.

17. Peteybabes

well...i just spoke to Dan Anderson, (gastrak manager), who some may have already contacted, and he gave me the information to contact the local tesla employee that's looking into this location and the surrounding chargers.

he recommended i tell you the contact info so that he doesnt get anymore calls as he's in the dark as to what's happening. (negotiations are going through the gastrak corporate office)

so, the contact is: Mark Nabong, [email protected]

perhaps we can send emails that shows our sense of urgency on this location to give it some priority status?

cheers!

• Informative x 1
  18. lightfoot3b

lightfoot3b Member

Hmm not sure that's a good idea since they aren't the public facing Tesla employees... It would have been nice if he told me corporate was working with it at this point.

Alexandria is the sticking point to make the rest happen. That's where we need some inside info. I'll let you contact Mark so we don't bombard him. Please report back if he does/doesn't reply?

19. DanL3

DanL3 Member

With Elon"s tweet about more Supperchargers, I wonder if this route to Canada will get any priority?

20. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

If by priority you mean this year - never. This will also probably be the last strip built. I think they’ll do ND first, the TransCan after, and then the link (Pembina). Just my thoughts