Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pembroke Pines, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As as new Tesla owner I've been watching to see when the location for the planned Pembroke Pines Supercharger would be revealed.

My best guess is that it would be located near I-75 & Pines Blvd perhaps in The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. I notice that a permit was filed today with the city for a Tesla Charging Sation at 14916 Pines Blvd which is a nearby shopping plaza. The specific address is a Chase Bank but there is ample parking in this plaza.

It would seem odd for a Chase Bank to be installing a stand alone charger. Is it just wishful thinking on my part or could this be a Supercharger location?

https://fl-pembrokepines.inkforce.net/BPT/search/default.aspx?sac=2&pid=169584

Reactions: TI Sailor
As as new Tesla owner I've been watching to see when the location for the planned Pembroke Pines Supercharger would be revealed.

My best guess is that it would be located near I-75 & Pines Blvd perhaps in The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. I notice that a permit was filed today with the city for a Tesla Charging Sation at 14916 Pines Blvd which is a nearby shopping plaza. The specific address is a Chase Bank but there is ample parking in this plaza.

It would seem odd for a Chase Bank to be installing a stand alone charger. Is it just wishful thinking on my part or could this be a Supercharger location?

https://fl-pembrokepines.inkforce.net/BPT/search/default.aspx?sac=2&pid=169584
Hi Dave,

Congratulations on your new Tesla and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the detective work. As you point out this is close to I-75 and makes it a good candidate for a Supercharger Station. It is also near a Whole Foods. Whole Foods seems to have an arrangement with Tesla. It is quite possible that their parent company owns the property for the entire mall and the Station could be located anywhere at that strip mall.

I think that you have a very real possibility, but it's too early to call yet.

The Shops at Pembroke Gardens would be a great location, but this permit is for a charging station in Cobblestone Plaza.

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Last edited:
The permit information doesn't specifically use the word Supercharger Station, but the language pretty much confirms that this is a Supercharger Station with a mention of transformers, control panels, multiple charging stations, fault current, service equipment and control cabinets.

Apparently the permitting folks need more information from Tesla's Electrical Contractor and have denied the electrical application until it is forthcoming.

Electrical
Event ID: 643707 Date Created: 3/23/2018 Requested By: Ted Licitra Assigned To: Ted Licitra Status: Denied

app 169584
Plans shall include a manufacturers spec sheet for all the Tesla equipment including transformers and control panel that includes a listing from a recognized testing lab. NEC 110.3
Plans shall include circuit numbers for all charging stations and lights
The amount of fault current shall be marked on the service equipment. NEC 110.26 a main disconnecting means required in the control cabinets. NEC 110.3

Moderators Note: Based on this information coupled with the fact that Tesla has announced plans for a Pembroke Pines Supercharger Station, I am going to remove the question mark from the title of this thread.

Larry

Looks like whoever filed for permit did a poor job - building, electrical, zoning and fire all denied it needing more information including fees associated with the permit. Its a start though - hopefully by end of year?

We got an update ! they denied the electrical permit <_<
Flat out denied, or just required changes. It is quite common to have the initial application rejected. In 20 years of South Florida projects I have not once had a first time application approved. Most fo the time they just want to fulfil a bureaucratic requirement to look tough. More than half of mine had subsequently been approved with no measurable change. None fo mine have been in Pembroke Pines,

Not sure if we knew this it's gonna be 15 stalls/parking spots it got a updated today. albeit a confusing one.
Hi Anner,

The most recent entry today, May 22, 2018, on the Plan Review Results is entitled: "(16) Level III Electric Charge Stations: Part of SP 2018-06 on 5/10/2018". Since each Supercharger Cabinet powers two charging terminals, ideally there should be an even number of terminals and this most recent reference to 16 charging stations makes more sense than the earlier reference on April 3, 2018 to 15 parking spaces. Hopefully that earlier reference was incorrect.

Larry

You are right. Didn't notice that on the document I only get pictures of the changes to the website.

BTW noticed some original versions of the document mentions product approval roof.
Is this a physical roof over the chargers/ parking spots?
or used as some other term?
Today's update was landscape inspection and the formal approval denial.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 157
Here's a Google 3D street view of a portion of Cobblestone Plaza adjacent to the Chase Bank. The permit for the Supercharger Station has the same address as the bank, so perhaps that's where it may go. The red trapezoid marks 16 adjacent parking spaces in the banks's parking lot that look like good candidates to me.

The existing transformer serves the bank and wouldn't also serve a Supercharger Station. However, it shows that primary cable is available nearby the possible location. The utility could tap the primary at the transformer and run cable in conduit under the parking lot to green space adjacent to the charging parking spaces.

Pembroke Superchargers.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
Today's update it got forwarded to the structural department it got denied since they haven't addressed the comments regarding the fencing and gate material they are using and they haven't provided an environmental review document from Broward country or a letter saying that it does not apply.

• Love
Reactions: bairesman