Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pembroke Pines, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that Tesla's civil engineering plans were approved on May 31, 2018.

Larry
Yep, it seems the general contractor is getting their stuff together now.

I also see a Public Notice sign posted at the plaza entrance now. I suppose that could be zoning related but it's just as likely to be for construction of more buildings. I'm going to check it out more closely and see if I can trace the notice to something specific.

Once permits are issued is there a general guideline on how long it takes to complete construction and turn-up?

• Informative
Reactions: DiamondHands
Once permits are issued is there a general guideline on how long it takes to complete construction and turn-up?

Hi Dave,

There's not a general guideline in my opinion. We have found some locations can take less than two months, or over a year. A lot depends on the permitting authority and how responsive the local utility is.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18 and DaveK.
Site work has begun for this location within the past couple days. The online permit status indicates "Ready to Issue" and they're not wasting any time getting started.

It appears the Superchargers will be located along the North edge of the parking lot parallel to Pines Blvd between Chase Bank and Whole Foods.

Supercharger 20180627-2.jpg

Supercharger 20180627.jpg

i stopped by today since i live in the area. there is a fair amount of construction activity ongoing to get the site ready, but it looks like there is still quite a bit to do before they can install equipment. the construction work was spilling out onto the main road (Pines Blvd) today. It looked like they were having to run some underground cabling or doing something under the road.

In summary, the good news is that construction is coming along, the bad news is that there is still a ways to go.

Here are some pictures.
96C43412-A2DA-4801-9AAF-618BEDF3F098.jpeg

28823F69-284B-4C8D-BB18-91E815B456A9.jpeg

Yes I agree, they have made good progress. When I drove by this weekend, I saw some pipes/conduit sticking up from the ground which made me think that they must have most of the "site prep" work done.Hopefully we start seeing Tesla equipment being installed soon.