Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Penticton, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to the City of Penticton and they confirmed they had a Tesla project on the books but wouldn't say more and don't make their permits public.

I was curious though and see there is an Electrical Installation permit with Technical Safety BC for the address of Canadian Tire. Directly accessing Highway 97, it would be an ideal location. There is also a $50,000 Building Permit out since March for the property. https://www.penticton.ca/sites/defa...-REVISED Penticton Weekly Building Report.pdf

It's all speculation so far but keep an eye out along this stretch. The Tesla website still says a Penticton site is expected by the end of the year.

Screenshot_20211011-211855~2.png

Last edited:
Ahh. I did search the NRCAN file to see if Penticton was listed for Tesla, but did not think to check this address for installs from other organizations. What I wonder is whether the April electrical system permit might be for FLO, and the July permit for Tesla.

Time will tell. Hopefully someone spots something soon.

Reactions: PStewart
Ahh. I did search the NRCAN file to see if Penticton was listed for Tesla, but did not think to check this address for installs from other organizations. What I wonder is whether the April electrical system permit might be for FLO, and the July permit for Tesla.

Time will tell. Hopefully someone spots something soon.
Good point, or it may be just an extension needed for the FLO project.

Hard to know. Too bad, there's so many results on that Technical Safety BC hard to find anything with that.

This would be a great addition for me. I go to Penticton via 97C and have to go to West Kelowna to fill right up before heading into Penticton. This allows me to get back via Princeton or Merritt. I could go all the way back to Vancouver either way just stopping in Hope if I could charge up before leaving Penticton. Only sites I can use are level 2 and it would take hours to charge up from about 11%

I can confirm the location of the Penticton Supercharger at the Riverside Village mall - 300 Riverside drive.
I just drove by there today, and construction has begun. I spotted 2 Tesla signs inside the site and asked the lone worker if this was for Tesla. He nodded yes.
It's a small parking lot to begin with, so I can foresee problems in the future. But the location is very convenient: right next to Hwy 97 and lots of amenities nearby.

20211207_113543.jpg
20211207_113553.jpg

I swung by the Penticton site today and took some more pictures.
There is no evidence of anyone actively working on the site now. My guess is they're waiting for transformers, etc.
Other people more knowledgeable than me talk about a "green box". I don't see any room for one here, but am guessing the trench they dug covers a cable that will lead to some kind of transformer magic.
I'm looking forward to these chargers.

20211217_101620.jpg
20211217_101642.jpg
20211217_101702.jpg

I swung by the Penticton site today and took some more pictures.
There is no evidence of anyone actively working on the site now. My guess is they're waiting for transformers, etc.
Other people more knowledgeable than me talk about a "green box". I don't see any room for one here, but am guessing the trench they dug covers a cable that will lead to some kind of transformer magic.
I'm looking forward to these chargers.

View attachment 745369View attachment 745370View attachment 745371

If Wayneiac or anyone is looking for something to do then you could check the west side of the liquor store/pet place to see if there is a new aproximately 4'x4' concrete pad that green transformer is to be installed on. It might be as easy as following the trench that was already dug, but they might not have dug it all the way yet.

Here is a Google Street view link to the area: Google Maps

Probably some place in there. You can see an existing green transformer box is already in this area since last street view was taken October 2018.