Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Peoria, IL - N Sheridan Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A club member is reporting that these are displaying in vehicles as “Temporary Closure” but they’re up and running just fine. It’s a faulty antenna sending an incorrect signal back to the mothership.

Did you charge here in the past couple of days? If not, telling people it’s up and running despite the closed icon on the map is going to get someone stranded. See post after yours and report on PlugShare that saved me from attempting to charge here last night.

weird.

Worked on saturday and showed as such in the map..... something must be wrong for sure.
I charged there on Saturday as well. They did lot resurfacing but the chargers were fine. My best guess is that Tesla and Hyvee intended to coordinate the parking lot work so that people wouldn’t try to use the chargers before the sealant was ready to drive on, but timing didn’t sync up. As a result the chargers were open when they shouldn’t have been and are now closed even though the work is done.

Regardless, it doesn’t work now and I stopped by last night just to verify they were still down so I could post here and prevent anyone trying to use them and being stuck.

I also reported on PlugShare. I checked the status online Saturday before starting the cross-country trip to Peoria on Sunday (Jun 6). At some point on the 15 hr drive on Sunday the status changed to "inoperative."
Just a suggestion to all: we've made numerous cross country trips since 2016 and are always in the habit of checking the status of the next 2 or 3 Superchargers in front of us. This habit has now saved us 3 times. This time it meant taking on extra charge in Iowa on the last leg, and using level 2 chargers in town.

Reactions: Big Earl
Did you charge here in the past couple of days? If not, telling people it’s up and running despite the closed icon on the map is going to get someone stranded. See post after yours and report on PlugShare that saved me from attempting to charge here last night.
Me personally, no. Someone in our club, yes. I spoke directly with someone at Tesla as well. What I posted was true at the time of my post, but thank you for reminding me why I stopped coming on this forum.

Me personally, no. Someone in our club, yes. I spoke directly with someone at Tesla as well. What I posted was true at the time of my post, but thank you for reminding me why I stopped coming on this forum.
You stopped coming because you refuse to take responsibility for passing along incomplete and potentially problematic information? K.

You told folks not to trust what the display said, and if they had listened to you they may have been stranded. What you posted was absolutely not accurate when you posted it, they have been disabled for multiple days. Just own it, man.

Btw, I do all kinds of fun car hacking stuff and happen to know that most telemetry about superchargers is reported back to the mothership by the LTE connection of each car that stops to use one.

PS: Which number did you call to reach Tesla?

Thanks for clarifying. First hand information is important; had I relied on your post rather than what I saw on PlugShare from someone who actually tried to charge, I would have found myself short in Peoria at midnight, hoping my 20% buffer would get me to Normal or hunting down a local level 2. Nothing personal.

I charged there on Saturday as well. They did lot resurfacing but the chargers were fine. My best guess is that Tesla and Hyvee intended to coordinate the parking lot work so that people wouldn’t try to use the chargers before the sealant was ready to drive on, but timing didn’t sync up. As a result the chargers were open when they shouldn’t have been and are now closed even though the work is done.

Regardless, it doesn’t work now and I stopped by last night just to verify they were still down so I could post here and prevent anyone trying to use them and being stuck.

that makes sense. Cones etc.

So again, I guess we just got lucky lol it was on in the network and nav took us to it and showed 3/8 stalls available, Or i wouldnt have bothered.. :/