Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perth ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove out from Ottawa to check it out today. As of 11:00 am, it was not working. I tried two stalls. I suspect it was working recently only for testing purposes. This was the same pattern we saw with the Deep River and North Bay chargers where people reported some sporadic service before they were fully commissioned and visible on the in-car Tesla Navigation system as operational.

It's up, charging now

Attachments

• IMG_20200722_133120.jpg
    IMG_20200722_133120.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 106
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I find that Autopilot reduces stress a lot and it works way better on divided highways than on two lane highways, and I believe you are restricted to the speed limit on non-divided highways/roads, at least in a Model S. Plus the most stressful thing for me is getting stuck behind a slow driver on a two lane highway - do you pass at the next opportunity or is it too risky?
you have a P85D and you stress out about passing? lol. In reality when you lock cruise in at 90 kmh you'll be one of the slower drivers so you won't have to stress about anything.

The hwy 7 route once you get out to say belleville is not slower to ottawa, and its shorter. You're driving slower, sure, but it's far nicer driving through canadian shield areas. On top of that, because you're going 90 the whole time (sure you can go 100 but 90 is fine in an 80km zone) your car is WAY more efficient than it is driving on teh 401

So you save a boatload of range both from driving and from efficiency, enjoy a nicer drive, charge at a far superior (and dead empty) supercharger in Perth, and all around have a better life.

can't beat that

Passed by this morning on the way out for a cottage day trip and there were 2 cars plugged in! It still doesn’t appear on the in-car map for me, but I think Perth is live. We’re going to hit it on the way back this evening to see for ourselves

Passed by this morning on the way out for a cottage day trip and there were 2 cars plugged in! It still doesn’t appear on the in-car map for me, but I think Perth is live. We’re going to hit it on the way back this evening to see for ourselves
Drove past it this morning. There was an M3 charging and an SUV ICEing two spots. I ended up using the free Level 2 charger downtown Perth instead while I did some shopping.

Reactions: surfaholic
you have a P85D and you stress out about passing? lol. In reality when you lock cruise in at 90 kmh you'll be one of the slower drivers so you won't have to stress about anything.

The hwy 7 route once you get out to say belleville is not slower to ottawa, and its shorter. You're driving slower, sure, but it's far nicer driving through canadian shield areas. On top of that, because you're going 90 the whole time (sure you can go 100 but 90 is fine in an 80km zone) your car is WAY more efficient than it is driving on teh 401

So you save a boatload of range both from driving and from efficiency, enjoy a nicer drive, charge at a far superior (and dead empty) supercharger in Perth, and all around have a better life.

can't beat that

Couldn't agree more! With my M3 LR RWD, I'm able to go from Pickering all the way to Ottawa without issue on Hwy 7 in the summer. It's such a nice drive! Perth and Peterborough will be great to make that possible in the winter without any added stress.

Reactions: SmartElectric
This is excellent. I am planning a trip from Toronto up to Chateau Montebello in mid August and then a couple of days at Kenauk Nature resort. I thought I would have to take the conventional 401 - Belleville - Kingston etc. route, but I just checked ABRP and it looks like I can do a straight shot from home to the Perth SC (about 313 km), charge up there and then go up to Montebello. Should be more scenic than the 401 and cutting across. ( I guess the only issue is if I am way heavy or way too fast the only place to bail out along the way is Ottawa) but should be able to do straight to Perth with not much drama.

can't beat that
I drove the 401 route going to ottawa and the perth route back, it's way less boring except I was stuck behind a truck and 5 cars who didn't want to pass for an hour :(