Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perth ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I find that Autopilot reduces stress a lot and it works way better on divided highways than on two lane highways, and I believe you are restricted to the speed limit on non-divided highways/roads, at least in a Model S. Plus the most stressful thing for me is getting stuck behind a slow driver on a two lane highway - do you pass at the next opportunity or is it too risky?
You occasionally get stuck behind slower moving traffic, but if you have a car with good acceleration (like a Tesla) there are plenty of opportunities to pass safely. IMO it’s still better than getting stuck behind a bunch of trucks trying to pass each other at 105km/h.

Reactions: surfaholic
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I find that Autopilot reduces stress a lot and it works way better on divided highways than on two lane highways, and I believe you are restricted to the speed limit on non-divided highways/roads, at least in a Model S. Plus the most stressful thing for me is getting stuck behind a slow driver on a two lane highway - do you pass at the next opportunity or is it too risky?

Highway 7 has a bunch of passing sections where it changes to two lanes. I drove it a lot the last couple of years and agree it's way less hassle than 416/401, but I'm also in the far west end of Ottawa which makes a difference.

The slight bummer with 7 is the car won't go more than 10 over the 80km/h limit and the "consensus speed limit" is more like 95-100 so you sometimes end up with people stuck behind when you're chilling on AP. I wish Tesla would open up the autosteer top end like they do on divided highways.

Reactions: surfaholic
You occasionally get stuck behind slower moving traffic, but if you have a car with good acceleration (like a Tesla) there are plenty of opportunities to pass safely. IMO it’s still better than getting stuck behind a bunch of trucks trying to pass each other at 105km/h.
I only wish my P85D with the Ludicrous upgrade had decent acceleration ;)

The slight bummer with 7 is the car won't go more than 10 over the 80km/h limit and the "consensus speed limit" is more like 95-100 . . . I wish Tesla would open up the autosteer top end like they do on divided highways.
Totally with you on this. Adaptive cruise control works at over 90 but pushing the autopilot to at least 20 over instaed of 10 on Hwy's like the 7 or 15 would make me a happy camper.

Stopped by yesterday, talked to the Hydro rep on site, he thinks it will be open next week. There was a Tesla employee on site checking the installation. He was very involved in his work so I didn't bother him.

One thing I am very happy about, the signs clearly indicate Tesla vehicle charging and not the 30 minutes general parking you see at some supercharging sites. This is very important at Perth as one of the biggest grocery stores in town is only steps away. It will interesting to see how this will be enforced.
Close up of sign.jpg
Perth looking towards Highway 7.jpg
Perth supercharger.jpg