Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perth (WA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that they are tying this location in to a combined service/delivery centre and these big locations have a long permit/construction lead time .. in addition a delivery centre would be linked to Model 3 arrival, which won't be before late 2019.

G'day Chuq

That's exactly what Tesla is doing but it doesn't preclude them from showing us a bit more love over here in the West in the mean time. Tesla has set up temporary 2 stall superchargers in the past.

The annoying part is Tesla had us on a promise of end of 2018 and now it's blown out to potentially end of 2019.

Anecdotally, we are approaching 200 Teslas in WA.

It seems that Tesla have now reverted to claiming the Perth Supercharger will be completed this year.

Unfortunately I’m now a bit jaded about their changing announcements. The skeptical side of me reckons they worked out it was better to revert to claiming it would be delivered later this year even though it won’t so that it will reduce the amount of time we’re pissed off at them.

It still demonstrates that we will only have at most two superchargers in Western Australia until at least well into 2020.

TOCWA revealed a new Supercharger is going in to Kings Park in April. It's mentioned at the start of the latest Ask Us Anything at:

The supercharger will be located near the tennis courts. Not a bad location with a great playground/cafe nearby, although this may lead to it being iced as it gets very busy at times.