Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petaluma, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Petaluma Superhargers Online!

I'm at the Petaluma SC right now. The guys working say that some of the Chargers are live now and they will all be later tonight!

78bf6d57e7796c9ba542d86f27d75ca7.jpg

Petaluma Superhargers Online!

I should have clarified: that's not my Model S. I was there in my Roadster. Should have taken a photo of my Roadster parked in a Supercharger stall

I parked my Roadster nearby and walked over to thank the guys working there. They saw my car and one of them said "You need an adaptor to charge here right?" I had to explain that Roadsters can't do DC charging, but I was also an S owner so I was interested in the status of the site. The guys were very nice. I foolishly forgot to ask them where they were working next! I had been working all day at Petaluma Valley Hospital, was tired and hungry and just wanted to get home.

First charge!

When I pulled up at 5:30 yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, the nice folks from the mother ship, who were finishing up their testing of the entire site and supervising final installation of signage, invited me to be the local Model S owner performing the inaugural supercharge. I was humbled by the honor. They said it will be fully open for use starting today (Wednesday).

I guess the donuts over the past couple of weeks probably didn't hurt.

5TbObIi.jpg

I should have clarified: that's not my Model S. I was there in my Roadster. Should have taken a photo of my Roadster parked in a Supercharger stall 

I parked my Roadster nearby and walked over to thank the guys working there. They saw my car and one of them said "You need an adaptor to charge here right?" I had to explain that Roadsters can't do DC charging, but I was also an S owner so I was interested in the status of the site. The guys were very nice. I foolishly forgot to ask them where they were working next! I had been working all day at Petaluma Valley Hospital, was tired and hungry and just wanted to get home.
That's ok we appreciate the report and you can still have that free glass of Zin.

So dumb question... how are new sites added to the nav? Are they pulled from a site somewhere or only changed during software updates?

My experience is that if you tap the T it can trigger an update (I did it on the way home from work today to reload with Petaluma). IIRC, Tesla used to give that as the official workaround to get the slacker credentials back - clear the fields and tap the T to "phone home".

Agreed it's a non issue when only 1 (or even 5) of the stalls are in use... however once you get close to capacity at this SuperCharger location I worry parking in such a manner (outside the white lines) by existing charging cars could prevent others from using otherwise open stalls...

I do not think so, there is more room than I thought from the previous pictures and I was the only one there. I know you see the white line and I am hanging over a bit but was not an issue today.