Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petaluma, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randy, my understanding is that the firmware update allows the cars to charge faster at V2 Superchargers (non-Urban).

It’s not the Supercharger, its the firmware update. That Teslerati article offers a report from a Tesla owner who, after the firmware update, got the faster speed at Petaluma, but if they had gone to the Napa Supercharger they would have seen the same faster speed, as far as I know.

Do we know which firmware updates enable the faster speeds yet? I know EAP users had a special version but wondering if GA (general availability) versions such as 2019.8.3 enable faster charging too.

Do we know which firmware updates enable the faster speeds yet? I know EAP users had a special version but wondering if GA (general availability) versions such as 2019.8.3 enable faster charging too.
Please search the Tesla Model 3 forums for that information so we can keep this thread focused on the topic of the Petaluma Supercharger. Thank you.

Please search the Tesla Model 3 forums for that information so we can keep this thread focused on the topic of the Petaluma Supercharger. Thank you.
Why can’t we just provide them the answer without making a fuss about it? A fact, there and done. Then, if it does get too crowded, we could move it to another thread? (Also, please don’t answer this question so that we can keep it on topic.)

• Funny
Reactions: mblakele
Looks like Petaluma is getting it's V2 Supercharger cords swapped out to something that can handle the heat now that we can draw 150kwh. Tesla energy guy here swapping what looks like most of the stations here. (Just the cord that plugs into the car.)

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_144735.jpg
    IMG_20190810_144735.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 96
Looks like Petaluma is getting it's V2 Supercharger cords swapped out to something that can handle the heat now that we can draw 150kwh. Tesla energy guy here swapping what looks like most of the stations here. (Just the cord that plugs into the car.)
Are the SCs online now, and if not, do you think the work will last a few days?

Are the SCs online now, and if not, do you think the work will last a few days?
If all that is happening is that the charging cables are being replaced, in my experience that does not require the entire site to be shut down, and it can be done in less than a day. Check your in-car nav to see what is shows for the status of this location.