Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petaluma, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The unfortunate part of this kind of action is that there really is no way to police it, you will always find idiots doing stupid things. As you can see they have dirt bikes and 4x4's and a mind set of clueless reactions. Not sure if they have security but pictures of the vehicles and license plates taken to the local police is one option.

Put water in their gas tanks. :p

Not really my style. I did consider putting a note on the car saying something to that effect, though. "You might want to think about what ended up in your tank, seeing as you've left it open here." But again, not my thing and I don't think it gets anyone anywhere.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get a better angle so the three trucks were in view with the cables tied to their cars, and the sign "DICKS" centered above them. That would have been a keeper.

Reactions: ZsoZso
I was lucky - I was there around 1:30 today and missed this idiocy. I did notice how bad the nav was at getting there from 101S and back on. Is the nav always so screwed up at this SC?

The nav often screws up in street directions during the end game. The actual Lat/Log (GPS) position is usually very accurate. Zoom all the way in on the nav screen, and then put the nav screen in "sat" mode. That will give you a great view of where you are, where the Supercharger Site is, and the local surroundings. Ignore text directions.

No offense ohmman but got a picture of one of the truck drivers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 134
I would agree - there is no expectation of privacy in a place such as that, and no reason whatsoever to avoid posting a photo with someone's license plate in it, regardless of what they are doing.

I would have posted the plates as well, there is no expectoration of privacy in public. If it had been just 1 truck i might have given them a pass but 3 of them and then doing that to the charging cables! They knew what they were doing and it was a big F*** y** to electric vehicle owners

This is why CA needs a law making this behavior illegal, that way when morons like this pull this type of stunt it'd be much easier to have them towed. I promise you, they'd only need to get towed once to stop this type of behavior.

Granted if I had seen what they did to the supercharging cables I'd have handled it much, much differently than simply putting them back where they belonged. I'll simply stop there but suffice to say that they'd have regretted doing that...

Jeff

Not really my style. I did consider putting a note on the car saying something to that effect, though. "You might want to think about what ended up in your tank, seeing as you've left it open here." But again, not my thing and I don't think it gets anyone anywhere.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get a better angle so the three trucks were in view with the cables tied to their cars, and the sign "DICKS" centered above them. That would have been a keeper.
I would have called a few buddies of mine driving G class mercs, have them park behind the trucks, then proceeded to block them in and charge my car to 100%

Of course I would start charging once they returned, I mean I don't want to remove the cables from their car, I'm not that disrespectful, they obviously needed the charge.

This is why CA needs a law making this behavior illegal, that way when morons like this pull this type of stunt it'd be much easier to have them towed. I promise you, they'd only need to get towed once to stop this type of behavior.

A picture is worth a thousand words. How can we get this picture in the hands of someone in legislature? It may greatly help in getting such a law passed.

To update, I've sent the photos to my state and federal representatives' offices. The accompanying message was for them to use these as visual ammunition when legislation regarding EVs and/or EV parking come up, and to share them freely. I think they send a powerful message about some of the remaining attitude against EVs (yes, even in California). Taking the constructive path, I'm hopeful that they wind up being useful in supporting positive legislation.

I included the plate numbers in the photos I sent to the officials.

When you see ICE vehicles with charging cables in their gas tanks, I think of two things you can do: 1) unplug their cars! Put the cable back. 2) call the fire department and report an electrical cable is in someone's gas tank. When the fire truck arrives, maybe the owner will come out...

So dumb question... how are new sites added to the nav? Are they pulled from a site somewhere or only changed during software updates?

I watched the testing guy send the email back to the mothership saying it was OK to announce the opening of Buffalo SC. That was maybe 4:00 in the afternoon. The car had the new pushpin on the map the next morning.