Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petaluma, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pleasant surprise pulling into the Petaluma supercharger yesterday May 1st. The construction has started. The two end charging units are out of service. I was told that open date is May 31st

2 Petaluma 5.1.2018.jpg
Petaluma 5.1.2018.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap and bmah
That’s great they are expanding this station. I just wish the message on the touchscreen was more clear! I wish it would indicate you can still charge and show us how many stalls were available. (If it weren’t for this forum, we would have tried to make it home “on fumes”).
But we just charged successfully! Still 8 stalls in operation, 6of8 full on 11am Sun.

Attachments

• 9E9719FF-6BEF-4FA6-8611-F5307DF92A8B.jpeg
    9E9719FF-6BEF-4FA6-8611-F5307DF92A8B.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1DA609A9-A1B0-4C49-9B62-CD98AFAA1A7D.jpeg
    1DA609A9-A1B0-4C49-9B62-CD98AFAA1A7D.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 86
Just there today and got an honest 117 kw on 5A. I was talking to a M3 owner there. We thought one could actually use 3A if you parked sideways without blocking 2B. Also 4B was inoperative. Some kind of failure. So while we have 8 stations, they may not always be working.
On the other hand the contractors were there working away on the new charging stations. Apparently targeted for end of May. Can't wait!!

Yes, it's operational. Charged there yesterday (5/21) and saw 115+ kw. I've charged at this station at least 3 times since they started construction. My advice is to stick to the stalls as close to the transformer as possible. Not scientific, but when I've been in either the first or second row I've gotten full charge rates. In rows 3 and 4 (when no one else is there) I've seen 60 to 75 kw.

I believe it is still just 8 stalls until the new ones are open after June 1st. Can anyone confirm that?

We visited this SC last Friday (5/18) and Sunday (5/20) on a roadtrip to Fort Bragg, and in theory there should be 8 operational stalls. On Friday, there were 7 operational stalls (of the 8 that are currently in service), with the one inoperative in the middle of the pack (might have been 2B). On Sunday, there were also 7 operational stalls, although the one that was inoperative was actually working on Friday when we charged on it and the one that had been inoperative two days earlier was now working. The inoperative one on Friday was 4B. Charge rates were good/normal for both of our visits. Friday afternoon was marginally crowded but no wait times. On Sunday afternoon, we had to wait about 5-10 minutes before a working spot opened up but we had expected that given nice weather in Wine Country and parts north. Everyone and their mother pulled into 4B on Sunday when it was vacant and quickly found out it was inoperative.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
Saw this on Twitter. Said the post was from Petaluma so I’m assuming it’s the right location

Attachments

• 7CC9EE27-4B43-44B7-85A8-7F8593432C68.jpeg
    7CC9EE27-4B43-44B7-85A8-7F8593432C68.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
It's open! As of 4:00pm today, Friday, 6/15, all chargers are operable and open. I had the chance to talk to the Tesla engineer about it. The layout of the 10 new chargers pairs them front to rear, A is in front of B as you pull in. This is contrary to the current 10 chargers that are paired site by side. Then there is 3A that is paired to 3B diagonally across the original 10 chargers. This picture shows 6A, a new charger that is paired to 6B in front of it to the right, out of the picture. 2B shown is paired to the vehicle immediately to the left of that stall.

Not hard to figure out. But any owner who doesn't have the history of this SuC will wonder how this ever got laid out this way. The Tesla engineer's comment was, "I sure don't layout the charger arrangement!"

IMG_1942.jpg