TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Petaluma

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by P85David, Feb 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. P85David

P85David New Member

I just asked my wife to swing by. Tesla employee using a charging station and said they are hoping the stations will be open to the public LATER TODAY! Right next to Dick's Sporting Goods at the E. Washington Exit.

2. Zextraterrestrial

yay! :biggrin:

FYI Petaluma SC to Eureka is 102% (P85) based on 6.1 trip software
    (actually, Eureka Costco to Dicks sporting goods)

after Willits I will be able to drive my car like it wants me to on the way to the Bay Area finally

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Oh goodie!

4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Yay!

5. Benjamin Brooks

Awesome. Can't wait for it to show up in the car's NAV.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Petaluma Superhargers Online!

I'm at the Petaluma SC right now. The guys working say that some of the Chargers are live now and they will all be later tonight!

78bf6d57e7796c9ba542d86f27d75ca7.jpg

7. Benjamin Brooks

Congrats on being first customer. How do you like the SC layout? Can you see how the 10 stalls are split into A/B pairs?

8. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks for the pic, you must get a free glass of Zinfindel at Ravenswood for that.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Petaluma Superhargers Online!

I should have clarified: that's not my Model S. I was there in my Roadster. Should have taken a photo of my Roadster parked in a Supercharger stall

I parked my Roadster nearby and walked over to thank the guys working there. They saw my car and one of them said "You need an adaptor to charge here right?" I had to explain that Roadsters can't do DC charging, but I was also an S owner so I was interested in the status of the site. The guys were very nice. I foolishly forgot to ask them where they were working next! I had been working all day at Petaluma Valley Hospital, was tired and hungry and just wanted to get home.

10. Les Mann

Les Mann Member

First charge!

When I pulled up at 5:30 yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, the nice folks from the mother ship, who were finishing up their testing of the entire site and supervising final installation of signage, invited me to be the local Model S owner performing the inaugural supercharge. I was humbled by the honor. They said it will be fully open for use starting today (Wednesday).

I guess the donuts over the past couple of weeks probably didn't hurt.

5TbObIi.jpg

11. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

That's ok we appreciate the report and you can still have that free glass of Zin.

12. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

13. strider

strider Active Member

So dumb question... how are new sites added to the nav? Are they pulled from a site somewhere or only changed during software updates?

14. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

They definitely get added between software updates. Way more often than software updates :)

15. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Absolutely updated between SW updates. Usually happens with similar timing to Find Us | Tesla Motors, but not as quick as Supercharger.Info.

16. Banahogg

Banahogg Member

My experience is that if you tap the T it can trigger an update (I did it on the way home from work today to reload with Petaluma). IIRC, Tesla used to give that as the official workaround to get the slacker credentials back - clear the fields and tap the T to "phone home".

17. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Charging today at Petaluma, sweet.

Attached Files:

18. Benjamin Brooks

Ummmm... are you blocking the charging stall behind you? ;) I could see that becoming a real issue...

19. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I do not think so, there is more room than I thought from the previous pictures and I was the only one there. I know you see the white line and I am hanging over a bit but was not an issue today.

20. Benjamin Brooks

Agreed it's a non issue when only 1 (or even 5) of the stalls are in use... however once you get close to capacity at this SuperCharger location I worry parking in such a manner (outside the white lines) by existing charging cars could prevent others from using otherwise open stalls...