Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petersburg, VA - Wagner Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction work around the stalls appears to be complete now, but still no transformer.

IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg

First, awesome license plate. I'm a phan.

Second, thanks for checking up on this so much.

This is gonna make my trips to NC so much better. I usually have to stop twice but can now make it with one stop (I think). Emporia VA is still a better location.

I can't imagine this wouldn't be active before Thanksgiving. Last year all of the Richmond area chargers had people waiting.

The meter is in and the transformer is humming, but the stalls are not yet activated or lighted. Shouldn't be long now.

Also, of the 5-6 times I've stopped by here since the construction equipment was removed, not once have I seen a single stall being ICE'd, even when the Sheetz is busy.

View attachment 610680

Curious question about these sites.

Has Tesla opened a site that hasn't had been completely restored. Anyone recall a new site opening when there is work to be done, outside signage?
I ask on the basis that Tesla will not turn on a site until the contractor is 100% done. Every tree has been planted the punch list is complete. They turn it on and construction department walks away? I realize the permits need to be finialed but some of these sites like DC have sat there forever.

I wonder if Tesla would be trying to turn on a site like this before the holidays knowing Richmond is going to be flooded with cars. This would Relive pressure if they did and there numbers would be up.

Has Tesla opened a site that hasn't had been completely restored. Anyone recall a new site opening when there is work to be done, outside signage?

For this Petersburg site I think the construction work may be done as well. I didn't pay close attention to it, but the dirt around the transformer seemed to be all leveled and may have already been reseeded with grass. I don't think there will be any trees planted here. There are no fences or equipment remaining on site.

This Supercharger location could be a huge help by allowing drivers to take I-295 to bypass Petersburg and Richmond if there are accidents on I-95, which happen frequently.

For this Petersburg site I think the construction work may be done as well. I didn't pay close attention to it, but the dirt around the transformer seemed to be all leveled and may have already been reseeded with grass. I don't think there will be any trees planted here. There are no fences or equipment remaining on site.

This Supercharger location could be a huge help by allowing drivers to take I-295 to bypass Petersburg and Richmond if there are accidents on I-95, which happen frequently.

I would agree it will help allot. I was just at Glen Allen and with Christmas shoppers I could see that sit getting ICED on a regular basis. and or people shopping and idling away.

Any particular reason why this site isn't listed as coming soon on the Tesla website?

Really looking forward to this one. It would have one stop off my trip to NC. Instead I have to stop in Chester VA and Rocky Mount NC. And Rocky Mount is just terrible in my opinion.

Reactions: Bobbo8
I hit this place twice yesterday on a run up to DC and back and it's a great stop. Pulled 225kW at 21% and it's well worth the mile or so detour down 95 if you are running 85 IMO. Sheetz makes for a very convenient 24 hour stop area. Heading back toward NC by the time I ran in for restroom and a drink I had more than enough charge to run another 90 minutes down 85 to henderson, NC supercharger. Great addition!