Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Petersburg, VA - Wagner Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to Petersburg, Virginia at the Sheetz on Wagner Rd.

@Reddy Kilowatt was kind enough to lend me his crystal ball for a day and so I was able to find an 811 Call Before You Dig ticket for the “Installation of Electrical Car Chargers” at the Sheetz at 151 Wagner Rd. The ticket doesn’t mention Tesla as being involved per se, but it’s important to note that the caller is Leading Edge Services, Tesla’s lead installer in Virginia, as well as the fact that Reddy’s crystal ball is never wrong. Will add on Supercharge Info!!

@Lanny

6C108E22-9D87-4F76-9E43-E0755366F0BB.jpeg

Splitter!

This will _just_ split the 108.4 mile gap from Rocky Mount, NC to Chester, VA.
This will reduce the gap to 94.9 miles.
Once Brunswick, GA and Petersburg, VA are open, the largest gap along on I-95 will be less than 100 miles (although that's allowing a large diversion in Brewer, ME).

I still hope they'll add something else between in Emporia, VA or Roanoke Rapids, VA that would better really split the gap and continue to add US Numbered Highway coverage.

This is also along two long spurs, US-301 and US-460 so will helps further with the US Numbered Highway coverage.

Roanoke Rapids is in North Carolina, unless there is something they are not telling us o_O

For those with aging, slow charging, and towing Teslas this is indeed a welcome addition.

Oops, sorry. :p

Petersburg, VA

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-301, US-460
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Chester, VA - 15.6 miles
Diversion: 2.2 miles
To: Glen Allen, VA - 38.9 miles

I stopped by the Sheetz at 151 Wagner Rd in Petersburg this evening to check on the progress of this Supercharger and I found that construction has begun.

This is going to be a much better Supercharging option than the Wawa in Chester that is 15 miles to the north. A lot of ICE'ing happens in that little parking lot, and that Wawa isn't exactly a convenient, or even nice, place to stop. This Sheetz is on a much larger piece of land, has far more parking spots than they need, and the 8 parking spots chosen for the Superchargers are in the back of the property surrounded by the drive through, where they will probably rarely get ICE'd. There are also 8-9 outdoor tables for eating, and there is a Dunkin Donuts next door. This will be a great charging stop for both northbound and southbound travelers on I-95, as it's very easy to get to, and very easy to get back onto the interstate from this Sheetz.

I'll update supercharge.info to mark Petersburg, VA as under construction.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg

Splitter!

This will _just_ split the 108.4 mile gap from Rocky Mount, NC to Chester, VA.
This will reduce the gap to 94.9 miles.
Once Brunswick, GA and Petersburg, VA are open, the largest gap along on I-95 will be less than 100 miles (although that's allowing a large diversion in Brewer, ME).

I still hope they'll add something else between in Emporia, VA or Roanoke Rapids, VA that would better really split the gap and continue to add US Numbered Highway coverage.

This is also along two long spurs, US-301 and US-460 so will helps further with the US Numbered Highway coverage.

I look on a weekly basis to see if Emporia VA is on here. It is such an ideal place to put a charger. I can't understand why there isn't one there. It's the intersection of several major highways. Plenty of places to eat. I almost wish Tesla would team up with Cracker Barrel or something weird like that. Petersburg helps I guess. I absolutely hate the Rocky Mount stop.

Reactions: SleepingPelica
Well you can say with this site and Gettysburg, Tesla will be in the spotlight when uneducated drivers pass through and see the Tesla charging. Hopefully it will get people to start looking Tesla up.
Two of those stalls look close together, at that "Bike Rack" charging spot.