TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Philadelphia (East Market), PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Chuq, May 19, 2019.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I just saw this one on Plugshare. 6 stall urban supercharger (photos supplied)

The description suggests that it is open but the picture shows orange cones in front of the stalls.

Plugshare link - PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

I've just added this to supercharge.info too.

• Like x 3
  2. Phillyasian

Phillyasian Member

That's a great addition. Mom's gives free 2 hours parking with a $4 purchase. Should be plenty of time for a full charge!

3. CrymeLord

CrymeLord New Member

This is a false post. There is no charge for parking at KoP mall, not a place called Mom's

Please delete that post and this one.

• Disagree x 2
  4. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

Come on! Look at the photos! Far right (1st photo): sign for 2 hours free parking with validation from MOM’s Organic Market. 2nd photo: the entire sign. 7C329D88-E06A-4256-AD5E-8F3E7BFD3570.jpeg C16C607C-EEA1-4269-83B7-E6EBC978FA31.jpeg

• Informative x 3
  5. theflyer

theflyer Member

Can someone go verify this location as an available Tesla Urbancharger location? The Plugshare entry cannot be trusted because real supercharger locations on Plugshare are added via API when the location becomes available on the Tesla Findus page, which is still showing just the one location. FYI, @BlueShift , @Chuq, @PhillyGal

Annotation 2019-05-19 112307.png

6. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

I think you might have missed the fact that this location isn't in the KoP mall. Hell, it's not even in KoP at all. It's in Philadelphia, like the thread's title states. On the corner of 11th St. and Market St., all of maybe 3 blocks from City Hall.

@Chuq, since it looks like the entrance for the parking garage is off of 11th street instead of Market St., it'd probably be better to use the street address for Mom's Organic Market instead of the one for East Market.

Address: 34 S. 11th St.; Philadelphia, PA 19107

• Informative x 2
  7. CrymeLord

CrymeLord New Member

My bad. WHen I clicked on the map I was seeing KOP for some reason, and was psyched that they were finally putting the chargers in and didn't see the chargers were in a different location. I was also scratching my head as to why it was referenced as East Market... That should have been my first indication to recheck location.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. CrymeLord

CrymeLord New Member

I made a mistake. Mine is the only post that should be deleted.

9. aaomidi

aaomidi Member

I'm just....annoyed. Philly already had one, KoP desperately needs one.

I guess more chargers is good.

10. aasandsas

aasandsas Member

I agree. There is also talk around one in tri-county interchange area. I believe that was one of the areas for SC in 2019.

11. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It’s not a competition. One happening sooner doesn’t delay the other one. They’re built when the landlord negotiations, permits, utilities, and whatever other prep is needed all falls into place.

• Disagree x 1
  12. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

It kinda is. Tesla has been building superchargers at a very linear pace for the last 5 years. They build about 300 a year with about half that being in North America. They have limited resources and if they are focusing on building this one that is time, energy and money not being spent on another location.

That being said, I would assume there is a good reason why there isn't one out west of Philly (either at KoP or somewhere near there). I doubt its just for lack of trying.

• Like x 2
  13. Mirlen

Mirlen Member

More isn't good, at least to those approving permits... Evidently there were supposed to be some chargers installed (Electrify America?) at the Walmart off Trooper Road (Right next to my office) and it was denied, I'm told by a former co-worker due to too many chargers in the area (!?!?!!?)... *shrug*

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. Mr. PlugShare

A new checkin on PlugShare says that this Supercharger is open! Updated on Supercharge info. 8A10D644-83DC-44E8-B46F-F0BE1A246980.jpeg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. eladts

eladts Member

@BlueShift @Chuq It is very common for people to charge at 73kW or 74kW in urban superchargers, but most of them are shown as 72kW in the car navigation. Please be consistent and use the value Tesla uses in the car navigation.

• Like x 2
  16. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Sorted now. Just a new editor!

17. Mr. PlugShare

Someone posted photos of this functional Supercharger on PlugShare.

Photo directions: turn left at MOM’s organic market parking sign on S 11th St. F9B30259-F627-40E0-AEA0-68D53FC948EE.jpeg

Signs will lead you to the Supercharger A2845385-8E48-45D7-A089-29E67545FB7D.jpeg

Right after entrance signs, make a sharp left to get to the Supercharger 09B6662C-CCD6-41A8-B607-1BAC3E9D578A.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. NKYTA

NKYTA Member

Since I was denied meeting @PhillyBaby (@PhillyFamily isn’t in town, drat), but hit this yesterday noonish, I would like to delegate the visit to @PhillyGal :)

• Like x 1
  19. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  20. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Like x 2