Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia (East Market), PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this one on Plugshare. 6 stall urban supercharger (photos supplied)

The description suggests that it is open but the picture shows orange cones in front of the stalls.

Plugshare link - PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

I've just added this to supercharge.info too.
That's a great addition. Mom's gives free 2 hours parking with a $4 purchase. Should be plenty of time for a full charge!

Come on! Look at the photos! Far right (1st photo): sign for 2 hours free parking with validation from MOM’s Organic Market. 2nd photo: the entire sign.
7C329D88-E06A-4256-AD5E-8F3E7BFD3570.jpeg
C16C607C-EEA1-4269-83B7-E6EBC978FA31.jpeg

This is a false post. There is no charge for parking at KoP mall, not a place called Mom's

Please delete that post and this one.
I think you might have missed the fact that this location isn't in the KoP mall. Hell, it's not even in KoP at all. It's in Philadelphia, like the thread's title states. On the corner of 11th St. and Market St., all of maybe 3 blocks from City Hall.

@Chuq, since it looks like the entrance for the parking garage is off of 11th street instead of Market St., it'd probably be better to use the street address for Mom's Organic Market instead of the one for East Market.

Address: 34 S. 11th St.; Philadelphia, PA 19107

Come on! Look at the photos! Far right (1st photo): sign for 2 hours free parking with validation from MOM’s Organic Market. 2nd photo: the entire sign.View attachment 409530View attachment 409529
My bad. WHen I clicked on the map I was seeing KOP for some reason, and was psyched that they were finally putting the chargers in and didn't see the chargers were in a different location. I was also scratching my head as to why it was referenced as East Market... That should have been my first indication to recheck location.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
It’s not a competition. One happening sooner doesn’t delay the other one.
It kinda is. Tesla has been building superchargers at a very linear pace for the last 5 years. They build about 300 a year with about half that being in North America. They have limited resources and if they are focusing on building this one that is time, energy and money not being spent on another location.

That being said, I would assume there is a good reason why there isn't one out west of Philly (either at KoP or somewhere near there). I doubt its just for lack of trying.

I'm just....annoyed. Philly already had one, KoP desperately needs one.

I guess more chargers is good.

More isn't good, at least to those approving permits... Evidently there were supposed to be some chargers installed (Electrify America?) at the Walmart off Trooper Road (Right next to my office) and it was denied, I'm told by a former co-worker due to too many chargers in the area (!?!?!!?)... *shrug*

• Funny
Reactions: aaomidi and MarcoRP
Someone posted photos of this functional Supercharger on PlugShare.

Photo directions: turn left at MOM’s organic market parking sign on S 11th St.
F9B30259-F627-40E0-AEA0-68D53FC948EE.jpeg

Signs will lead you to the Supercharger
A2845385-8E48-45D7-A089-29E67545FB7D.jpeg

Right after entrance signs, make a sharp left to get to the Supercharger
09B6662C-CCD6-41A8-B607-1BAC3E9D578A.jpeg

Attachments

• 40D14E3E-96D9-4DB1-A660-A49569E98C70.jpeg
    40D14E3E-96D9-4DB1-A660-A49569E98C70.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 66