Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA - Church Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you local? It took YEARS for me to start seeing fellow Tesla owners in Northeast Philly. Though I guess the hip kids living off their parents money in Fishtown could benefit from this too.

Having moved to this area from down south a few year ago, I am still surprised (pleasantly) by the sheer numbers of super chargers in the northeast. Having even more in the Philly area will only be a good thing!

Having moved to this area from down south a few year ago, I am still surprised (pleasantly) by the sheer numbers of super chargers in the northeast. Having even more in the Philly area will only be a good thing!

Northeast in general, especially New Jersey has plenty of superchargers. But man the Philly area and Philadelphia proper was sooo slow.

All of eastern Pennsylvania was a wasteland for years and I had to get creative to visit my in laws near Wilkes-Barre. Convinced a local restaurant to install a HPWC. Worked for a few visits until Allentown finally came online.

Northeast in general, especially New Jersey has plenty of superchargers. But man the Philly area and Philadelphia proper was sooo slow.

All of eastern Pennsylvania was a wasteland for years and I had to get creative to visit my in laws near Wilkes-Barre. Convinced a local restaurant to install a HPWC. Worked for a few visits until Allentown finally came online.

Wells that’s good to hear. The more the merrier. Also good to meet other Tesla owners in the area, especially S or X!

For the longest time it was all but impossible to get across PA...nothing on the turnpike. Many times had to stop at Nissan dealers to use their Chademo.

Wells that’s good to hear. The more the merrier. Also good to meet other Tesla owners in the area, especially S or X!

Nice to meet you! 6 years and counting we’ve been Model S owners in Northeast Philly, and exactly 3 years and 1 day as the proud owners of a Model 3 with a VIN 5XXX.

For the longest time it was all but impossible to get across PA...nothing on the turnpike. Many times had to stop at Nissan dealers to use their Chademo.

Yup! We did all manner of craziness to be able to get juice for our round trip to Wilkes-Barre since our family there doesn’t have a driveway or garage.

Nice to meet you! 6 years and counting we’ve been Model S owners in Northeast Philly, and exactly 3 years and 1 day as the proud owners of a Model 3 with a VIN 5XXX.

Yup! We did all manner of craziness to be able to get juice for our round trip to Wilkes-Barre since our family there doesn’t have a driveway or garage.

6 years, that is impressive. I got my first Model S in 2017. I was the second Tesla in the small MS town I was living in (first with the refresh). Where I was living, Nashville was the nearest dealer over 4 hours away. it since then, I have made up for lost time lol.

Last year I had to make some commutes to the Harrisburg airport. There were no super chargers on the way, so I had to buy a Chademo adapter to charge at the airport. I made the drive again last month, and found a new supercharge between Philly and Harrrisburg. I didn’t need to stop, but I did just to see it. It was at a Sheetz. Good location for sure.

6 years, that is impressive. I got my first Model S in 2017. I was the second Tesla in the small MS town I was living in (first with the refresh). Where I was living, Nashville was the nearest dealer over 4 hours away. it since then, I have made up for lost time lol.

Last year I had to make some commutes to the Harrisburg airport. There were no super chargers on the way, so I had to buy a Chademo adapter to charge at the airport. I made the drive again last month, and found a new supercharge between Philly and Harrrisburg. I didn’t need to stop, but I did just to see it. It was at a Sheetz. Good location for sure.

Nice to “meet” you!!

News just broke on another thread of a suspected supercharger location under construction at a highway rest stop on the Turnpike between Philly and Harrisburg which will be great.

Yeah it was definitely fun to be a Tesla owner in the early days. Strangers would stop me to ask questions. I’d do car shows to spread the word. I even had someone at a supercharger many states away from my home say he recognized my voice from my YouTube videos. (I used to have a decent following once upon a time.)

If I went anywhere in Philly where there was no graffiti it wouldn’t feel like Philly. I wouldn’t feel unsafe in this area (my family is from Fishtown), but I might fear a sinkhole swallowing my car overnight. Sinkholes used to happen in Fishtown. As a kid, my dad and uncles told me this story about a cop car that fell through the street and the cop was never found. Don’t know the truth of that story, but it scared the crap out of me as a kid, like maybe the “mole people” got him or he was washed into the dark, distant recesses of natural catacombs and forgotten sewer pipes and culverts that exist under that part of the city. As a 6-year-old, it was hair-raising stuff.

Nice to “meet” you!!

News just broke on another thread of a suspected supercharger location under construction at a highway rest stop on the Turnpike between Philly and Harrisburg which will be great.

Yeah it was definitely fun to be a Tesla owner in the early days. Strangers would stop me to ask questions. I’d do car shows to spread the word. I even had someone at a supercharger many states away from my home say he recognized my voice from my YouTube videos. (I used to have a decent following once upon a time.)

The post from the PA Turnpike Supercharger thread with pictures of conduit:
PA Turnpike Superchargers coming (a theory)

Nice to “meet” you!!

The same thing happened to me in Mississippi when I got my first one. Once I went to the Sonics drive in town, and the entire staff came out asking questions. “Where is the engine, why is there no sound, how is the engine compartment empty”, etc. It stopped the fast food place from serving food for a few mins for sure.

Your YouTube videos are pretty cool. I clicked subscribe, at least lol. Thanks for the tip.

Just a friendly reminder that there are two Tesla Owners Clubs in the PA region, Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club covers the 5 county Philadelphia region plus all of NJ and DE. Telsa Pennsylvania covers PA. We both overlap in the 5 county region of Philadelphia but DVTO has been around a lot longer in that area. Check both of us out on the web.... we're dvto dot club, and they are tcopa dot club.

If I went anywhere in Philly where there was no graffiti it wouldn’t feel like Philly. I wouldn’t feel unsafe in this area (my family is from Fishtown), but I might fear a sinkhole swallowing my car overnight. Sinkholes used to happen in Fishtown. As a kid, my dad and uncles told me this story about a cop car that fell through the street and the cop was never found. Don’t know the truth of that story, but it scared the crap out of me as a kid, like maybe the “mole people” got him or he was washed into the dark, distant recesses of natural catacombs and forgotten sewer pipes and culverts that exist under that part of the city. As a 6-year-old, it was hair-raising stuff.

At first I was like what are you talking about but then it dawned on me, ‘oh yeah, my mom’s house is sinking.’ (I have half an excuse - she bought the place after I moved out so I’ve never lived there myself.)

The same thing happened to me in Mississippi when I got my first one. Once I went to the Sonics drive in town, and the entire staff came out asking questions. “Where is the engine, why is there no sound, how is the engine compartment empty”, etc. It stopped the fast food place from serving food for a few mins for sure.

Your YouTube videos are pretty cool. I clicked subscribe, at least lol. Thanks for the tip.

aww, thanks! I haven’t made any new content in a long while but maybe some say.

At first I was like what are you talking about but then it dawned on me, ‘oh yeah, my mom’s house is sinking.’ (I have half an excuse - she bought the place after I moved out so I’ve never lived there myself.)

There were several times during the 80s and 90s when a car appeared on the evening news with the tail lights sticking up out of the huge pit it fell into when the road collapsed from under it and I said, “Hey, isn’t that grandpop’s house in the background?” or, “Hey, isn’t that the ball field across from Uncle so-and-so’s place?” Many times we’ve been visiting family and friends who stayed in Fishtown and seen sections of sidewalk caving in. “Don’t put two wheels up on THAT sidewalk!”

There were several times during the 80s and 90s when a car appeared on the evening news with the tail lights sticking up out of the huge pit it fell into when the road collapsed from under it and I said, “Hey, isn’t that grandpop’s house in the background?” or, “Hey, isn’t that the ball field across from Uncle so-and-so’s place?” Many times we’ve been visiting family and friends who stayed in Fishtown and seen sections of sidewalk caving in. “Don’t put two wheels up on THAT sidewalk!”

I have the worst memory but you’re exactly right. I didn’t grow up far from the Logan triangle - a whole part of a neighborhood that basically sunk

This is VERY exciting.
Live in cherry hill nj and work in Philly suburbs. There is a HUGE lack of chargers on the PA side of river. Frustrating.

This location is pretty well positioned. Of a major highway and bridge.

I can't believe there is already graffiti on the chargers! Lol. World is getting more lawless by the day. These kids need to have more fear!

I drive my X hard and this place will help.

Royal farms is great. Definitely a very strong competitor to wawa. I have no loyalty. The more competition the better. Sure as hell beats a mall location. Hate trying to find a bathroom and coke in a mall.

The new pole has been put in and Peco is their now working on it.
AD0779E9-D04D-433D-AB9A-19177BAA325F.jpeg