Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA - Penrose Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is planning to build a 12 stall V3 Supercharger at a new Wawa under construction in the southern part of Philly. Got the info from a zoning permit (listed below) at a different address, which is incorrect. Was finally able to link the permit to the actual location at 2600 Penrose Ave via Wawa's locations coming soon list.

I haven't yet found any building permits but at least we know the location. Will add on Supercharge Info

L&I Property History

@PhillyGal

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and mociaf9
This is on my way home, they're about half way finished. I've been on the lookout for signs of a supercharger there as it was rumored before, but I have yet to see any signs of the superchargers being started yet. Glad to see it confirmed though!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
So what is going on at this location? The google satellite view shows lots of construction at what appears to be a dock. Is this area the subject of riverside redevelopment?
As I said, the address on the permit was wrong. All the permits for 2600 Penrose Ferry were listed at a Wawa convenience store.

On another note, I wouldn't expect construction to start anytime soon for this Supercharger due to the opening date predicted on Tesla's map (Q4). There is, however another Supercharger under construction right now in North Philly at the only Royal Farms in the city (2501 Church St).

Supercharger - Philadelphia (Aramingo)

Reactions: madodel
Drive by photo:
upload_2021-2-8_15-39-58.png

upload_2021-2-8_15-40-20.png

I'm not sure where they are putting the superchargers, but they are moving pretty quickly on construction.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-8_15-39-24.png
    upload_2021-2-8_15-39-24.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 273
I tend to get annoyed when people post just to say no update. So that being said, I stop by once a week or so to check on progress. If I see anything change I will post here.

and.....no update as of today.

I find periodic (weekly) no-update posts to be helpful. If we go too long without updates, I tend to get antsy and have crazy ideas like going out of my way to check on progress.

Reactions: PhillyGal