TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by GlmnAlyAirCar, Sep 11, 2017.

1. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Since this is listed as being completed by the end of 2017 (he said skeptically), I figured it was about time to start this thread.

Anyone have any information on where this location might be? I am speculating that, since Tesla appears to be partnering with Wawa, and there is a new Wawa planned for the Navy Yard in South Philly, this might be the location. The Navy Yard is located right by I-95 and I-76, as well as the Walt Whitman bridge, so it seems like a natural fit.

• Like x 2
  2. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

When I brought this up a few months ago someone said that it would most likely be off of 95 in Bucks County, not in Philly itself but close to it. While you may very well be right, that is awfully close to the one in Newark Delaware. Though with the Model 3 coming I expect to see superchargers popping up much closer together to handle the volume, and US Tesla Superchargers | Tesla does say Philadelphia not Lower Bucks.:)

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

They're putting them pretty close all along the 95 corridor now - look at the two new ones in the Maryland rest areas, and now Burlington makes four in a row in less than fifty miles in NJ.

• Like x 1
  4. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Interesting. Instead of more sharing (same block of chargers covers 4 stalls) as many on the forum had speculated/expected, they took the sharing away entirely.

6. PatD

PatD Member

Would be surprised if it were the Navy Yard; while close to 95 and 76, not the most convenient to get in and out of. Not to mention if there's a Flyers, Sixers, Phillies or Eagles game, you're NOT getting in and out of there. Or any concert.

• Like x 1
  7. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Yes but one can always hope (if you haven't inferred this yet, I work there).

• Funny x 1
  8. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

I don't think that Tesla should build a super charger in Philly or Bucks county, if anything, they should build out the SC in Newark DE. Take the hole area in front of the current SC and install 24 more.

What is more important, a Super Chargers every 50 miles or a battery pack that can get you 400 miles per charge?