Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - East Camelback Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend just sent me a picture and she is charging her Tesla S on Free Sun Shine now too.

The Urban Super Chargers get in and working very fast ! WOW

thumbnail

How awesome is that! Amazingly fast... now does anyone have a link to the downtown Phoenix thread? I have been in contact with Tesla about putting chargers in at The Clarendon - they were asking how many I could handle, and mentioned they could do up to 7 stalls... but this would be a midtown location, not the downtown one...

How awesome is that! Amazingly fast... now does anyone have a link to the downtown Phoenix thread? I have been in contact with Tesla about putting chargers in at The Clarendon - they were asking how many I could handle, and mentioned they could do up to 7 stalls... but this would be a midtown location, not the downtown one...
They haven't built a supercharger location with less than 8 stalls in the US in quite some time now. If you are really interested in getting the supercharger at your hotel, I would suggest trying to figure out if you can squeeze in at least 8 stalls. 12 or more would be better.

I find it kind of interesting that this location went from "pending" to open and running so quickly while the other new location (Agua Fria) took much longer and seems to be having some technical issues.

The few times I've been to the Biltmore (a.k.a. East Camelback SC) it's been pretty busy. Never an issue finding an empty stall but with production ramped up and more M3s appearing, I wonder if Tesla should not have thought about a bigger unit............

Yes, they should be using the "Village Core" name, as we call them in Phoenix Planning/Zoning, but whatevs. Perhaps they don't understand that they have two on East Camelback Road... one at Biltmore Fashion Park and another at Scottsdale Fashion Square.... although they are in different cities... but then again most people don't know that the Phoenician is still in Phoenix, not Scottsdale... and that Paradise Valley Mall is in Phoenix, not Paradise Valley, and Kierland Commons is in Phoenix, not Scottsdale... but whatevs again. ;-)

Comment on the supercharger at Biltmore - it charged about 50% faster than the Flagstaff Supercharger, which was awesome. If you haven't downloaded Tesla Cockpit, it's a data geek's wet dream... I love how it shows charging rates for individual stations, and so much more data unless someone knows of a better app - and it's free.

So, back to the Biltmore charger... it has one massive problem... it's next to the dumpsters all of the restaurants use, so it reeeeeeeeks of garbage and with warmer temps this is just going to get worse. And with central Phoenix having rat infestations these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few little critters running around at night while charging there. But as it gets warmer and warmer the smells at this location are going to be gut-wrenching... then again, if you have your a/c on and biodefense on, you're good... but whew did it reek last night... so much that I lost my appetite in a few minutes. Best. Diet. Ever.

• Funny
Reactions: jpaz
BTW, my roommate just walked in - he's worked at Biltmore for a long time, I told him that I used the supercharger last night and he said that he's glad to see it there, that people are parking and charging and eating or shopping... and he said it was the perfect location and then "nobody ever parks there because of the dumpster smell"... so I think it'll become more and more noticeable as the days get warmer.

... and he said it was the perfect location and then "nobody ever parks there because of the dumpster smell"... so I think it'll become more and more noticeable as the days get warmer.

Maybe this will insure there are always spots for charging! ;)

BTW, I am one of those people who plugs in and grabs a meal from one of the restaurants in the shopping center. Gotta eat somewhere, you know.

True! I personally recommend Hillstone, just a few steps away - best French Dip around... swanky digs too.... however with tax and tip it's a $28 sandwich before you even have a drink!

Maybe this will insure there are always spots for charging! ;)

BTW, I am one of those people who plugs in and grabs a meal from one of the restaurants in the shopping center. Gotta eat somewhere, you know.

This SpC came in mighty handy yesterday afternoon, 5 April. I didn't see the following in a quick read of earlier posts, so:

those needing a quicker meal (there are a good number of 'slower' options) might walk through the mall, to the south. Pass through the central elongate courtyard and then through the next row of establishments, to reach the southern flank of the Mall where there are:

True Food Kitchen
Zinburger
Paradise Bakery
Blanco

And also, right within that central courtyard, is a minuscule kiosk with a name like ShortDog.

I'm familiar with and absolutely can recommend the first three; PB can get you your order probably the quickest of all those. Z is a part of the Fox Restaurant Concepts group, of which we think very highly. TFK used to be, but management bought themselves out of Fox some time in 2017 - but their mostly organically-sourced items remain very good. The other two I don't know, other than I'm pretty sure I mangled the name of the hotdog stand (which menu looked quite commendable, for what it is).

• Informative
And also, right within that central courtyard, is a minuscule kiosk with a name like ShortDog.

FYI, it is called "Short Leash" which started a food truck a few years back. A bit quirky but quick and good (if that's what you are looking for) and even has a vegetarian option.

Also, in the center, is Wink 24, a pizza place (I've not yet tried but looks crowded so must be OK), Seasons 52 (a "new american" place) and the Capital Grill. I've gone to the SC, ordered takeout from one of the places listed in this thread, meandered around window shopping, and picked up my meal just in time for the charging session to be over. Works out well since I live so close to this site.

That's just the sort of information I hoped to have get contributed. Wish we had a centralized location to discuss this for every SpC in existence.

And apologies to Short Stuff. I knew I mangled it.... ;)

• Funny