Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - East Camelback Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
........ Also, there are 2 SRP chargers (both empty) near the Superchargers if all else fails.

There's also a Volta charger (2 J1772 stations, I believe) west of the SC at the other end of the parking garage). The only "problem" I've had here is that the SC works so well, I don't always get enough time to have a leisurely meal before I've got to go out and move the car. That is a tough problem, I know ;)

• Informative
Reactions: AudubonB
There's also a Volta charger (2 J1772 stations, I believe) west of the SC at the other end of the parking garage). The only "problem" I've had here is that the SC works so well, I don't always get enough time to have a leisurely meal before I've got to go out and move the car. That is a tough problem, I know ;)
I had the same issue. Only 3 of the 12 SC were in use, but I don't like to make others wait. Took 2 minutes to move the car and get back to Season's 52. Almost wish I could have turned down the charge rate. That was a first.

The Solar PV and controllers (huawei) at the Biltmore SC are not Tesla brand. They can't seem to get their solar panels going yet. The Power Pack and Wall are also sold out and going to Australia and other places but not the US. I'd sure like to see their Solar PV and Power Walls all over. Growth at such a fast rate is hard to keep up with products.

Interesting... the Tesla Tiles must be doing installs in the Valley as I get calls about once a month, then tell them I'm in Flagstaff and they say "ah, nevermind, we're not up there yet". I'm personally waiting for cost per installed watt to hit $1, not including energy storage. In preparation I've already upgraded my panel to a solar-ready panel, have a Sense energy monitor, I've removed all natural gas from my home (my insurance went down $385/yr because of this!), no more gas anything, have a tankless hot water system for domestic water and space heating, and should be able to pull the trigger one day soon.

This is a bit off topic though, back to that Supercharger - I am glad it is closer to downtown but I'm really anxious about the new downtown Supercharger... just don't know where yet. It's on the map, but just at the center of town. I started a separate thread for it.

The Solar PV and controllers (huawei) at the Biltmore SC are not Tesla brand. They can't seem to get their solar panels going yet. The Power Pack and Wall are also sold out and going to Australia and other places but not the US. I'd sure like to see their Solar PV and Power Walls all over. Growth at such a fast rate is hard to keep up with products.

Someone has added another supercharger location to Plugshare:

I was going to report it as an error/duplicate, but it's in a totally different part of the site. I guess it is possible that (like Kierland Commons/Scottsdale Quarter) Tesla may install two sites very close to each other.

Does anyone want to do a drive past and look? (The orange icon in the top right is the existing supercharger, the green icon is the "new" one.)

upload_2019-4-28_8-27-42.png

@Chuq Hmm... It is listed in your picture as Biltmore Supercharger. Oh! It is the green one you are asking about and that is a chademo/ccs and a friend of mine says it is an expensive EVGO. There are also 2 free Volta L2 at west side of garage. Also, BMW free almost fast charger and 4 L2 less than a mile away.

Last edited:
@Chuq Hmm... It is listed as Biltmore Supercharger. Oh! It is the green one you are asking about and that is a chademo/ccs

The one I'm wondering about isn't listed as chademo/ccs .. it's this one and was just listed today:

There is another chademo/ccs charger on the site but it's not shown on the screenshot below (I filtered it to show just "Tesla" and "Tesla supercharger") - that one's not an issue.

upload_2019-4-28_9-30-30.png

Does anyone know what's going on with this supercharger? I see that new gym being built, and I'm going to bet that since it is so massive that this station will need to be increased in both size and charging rate... I've been going lately and waiting every once in a while, or just getting 50kW... sometimes 72kW. Would be great to see this station at 150-200kW with more stalls.

Anyone know where the next supercharger will be that's listed on the map as 'coming soon'? It marks downtown but that's just because it is the center of Phoenix... I'm thinking it'll end up somewhere close to the airport or Tempe or downtown Phoenix?

Interesting and I hope this isn't the coming soon charger on the supercharger map. This should be 250kw charging as well...

Hoping the new SC is at the new Fry's in downtown Phoenix, opening next month. Would be great, that new Biltmore one is too busy, with the new gym going in it's only going to get worse. That gym will accommodate about 1500 people at a time, only 1 pct of them need to have a Tesla to take up the entire SC.

"destructure00, post: 4011413, member: 97288"]Pic, stolen from this FB link:

Tesla Owners & Enthusiasts Arizona

View attachment 453957[/QUOTE]

Reactions: destructure00
This should be 250kw charging as well...
I get that you'd like it to be 250kw, but a shopping mall in a major metropolitan area is pretty much exactly what they had in mind when they unveiled the urban superchargers. As a practical matter, an urban supercharger is not going to turn into a v3 250kW traditional supercharger overnight. It is of course possible that they could convert urban to traditional in the future, but they have not done that yet, and given the issues they are having with supercharger construction in general these days, I wouldn't expect anything like that to happen any time soon.

I know, I know I was just dreaming. But if it was 250kw, and next to the gym, then those people would have the fastest workouts ever.... as it stands, I think that's going to be a super congested supercharger.... I hate seeing the grey pin in the center of Phoenix, it could mean anywhere in Phoenix which is 550 square miles or so... or it could just be these 4 extra stalls at this charger which would really suck.

I also don't like how many of the 150kw chargers still say 120kw on the maps... not sure why... hmm.

I get that you'd like it to be 250kw, but a shopping mall in a major metropolitan area is pretty much exactly what they had in mind when they unveiled the urban superchargers. As a practical matter, an urban supercharger is not going to turn into a v3 250kW traditional supercharger overnight. It is of course possible that they could convert urban to traditional in the future, but they have not done that yet, and given the issues they are having with supercharger construction in general these days, I wouldn't expect anything like that to happen any time soon.

I know, I know I was just dreaming. But if it was 250kw, and next to the gym, then those people would have the fastest workouts ever.... as it stands, I think that's going to be a super congested supercharger.... I hate seeing the grey pin in the center of Phoenix, it could mean anywhere in Phoenix which is 550 square miles or so... or it could just be these 4 extra stalls at this charger which would really suck.

I also don't like how many of the 150kw chargers still say 120kw on the maps... not sure why... hmm.
Plug in, go inside and get a drink of water and go to the bathroom, then unplug and drive off. My kind of workout :)

I wouldn't read too much into the grey pin. It probably just means they intend to build one (or more) superchargers in Phoenix proper (not PHX metro as you are implying). But who knows what will actually happen. They might not even have a plan yet as that map is purely aspirational. If they do build one or more superchargers in Phoenix proper, they will probably be urban superchargers so temper your enthusiasm!

They’ve had that pin there for the past 2-3 years now. It’s just a placeholder for now.