Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - East Camelback Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here last night- got 72KW on my 2014 S85, So that's the good news, apparently charge gate hasn't hit my car yet. The bad news, there were at least 2 stalls broken, and I suspect there were more than that down, the Nav said 3 available when could see at least 6 un occupied.

I hope Tesla's supercharger maintenance team kicks into high gear soon. We've had to charge at Casa Grande a couple of times lately and 2 stalls have been down there for several weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce and kelly
Anybody ever seen people defacing the superchargers with green markers or paint pens and black electrical tape? Most recently seen at the Biltmore on 4/4?

Tell them to knock it off! The green vandalism although declared to be temporary is not only annoying and your fellow owners have been removing it and it isn't easy. And no, we don't want Tesla Supercharger technicians to have to deal with crap like this.

I suppose I would be better asking for this to stop via Facebook but I'm not on there like I used to be.

For anyone who wants to rant, complain, get p!ssed or advise others about an improperly functioning supercharger or EVSE, get the PlugShare app or go to plugshare.com and type up something helpful for the charging spots via that platform.

I’ll be driving thru Phoenix on Tue 6/22/21 and wonder if the Camelback (Biltmore Fashion Park) charger is reliable. It’s a lot closer to my path than going all the way up to Agua Fria, but for some reason that’s where ABRP wants to take me.
Probably because Agua Fria is 150kW and Biltmore is 72kW. So obviously the Biltmore stop would take longer, but based on my experience the amenities are better there. If you don't mind stopping for an hour or so (lots of good restaurants), you'll be fine.

I'm curious what your overall path of travel is though, because if you're trying to make good time on a long road trip, generally speaking, avoiding supercharging in large metro areas is the way to go, not only in terms of charge speed, but also in terms of avoiding traffic and supercharger lineups. ABRP is a great tool, but I'm surprised how many people just plug in point A and point B and then treat what it spits out like the gospel. I guess old school trip planning is a dying art :)

Probably because Agua Fria is 150kW and Biltmore is 72kW. So obviously the Biltmore stop would take longer, but based on my experience the amenities are better there. If you don't mind stopping for an hour or so (lots of good restaurants), you'll be fine.

I'm curious what your overall path of travel is though, because if you're trying to make good time on a long road trip, generally speaking, avoiding supercharging in large metro areas is the way to go, not only in terms of charge speed, but also in terms of avoiding traffic and supercharger lineups. ABRP is a great tool, but I'm surprised how many people just plug in point A and point B and then treat what it spits out like the gospel. I guess old school trip planning is a dying art :)
Good to know. Yes, I'm juggling what ABRP recommends along with other input. I'm spending the night nearby in Tempe and will have dinner with friends, so Biltmore seemed a good option if it wasn't offline for some reason. You've saved me a bunch of miles on a day that was already full of them. Thanks!

Reactions: PLUS EV
Good to know. Yes, I'm juggling what ABRP recommends along with other input. I'm spending the night nearby in Tempe and will have dinner with friends, so Biltmore seemed a good option if it wasn't offline for some reason. You've saved me a bunch of miles on a day that was already full of them. Thanks!
Ah okay if you're staying in the valley then it makes sense to stop and top off at one of the superchargers there (assuming you don't have charging where you're staying). Another option would be Buckeye. 150kW with mostly fast food nearby. It's an easy on/off the freeway. If it's a busy travel time, you probably just want to look at the stall occupancies as you approach PHX and go to Buckeye or Biltmore depending on which one is less busy. Note that if Buckeye is more than half full you will be sharing power with your paired stall and it won't charge any faster than Biltmore. There's also traffic to consider. You'll be going by Buckeye regardless but if there's traffic, you might want to avoid the detour to Biltmore.

Ah okay if you're staying in the valley then it makes sense to stop and top off at one of the superchargers there (assuming you don't have charging where you're staying). Another option would be Buckeye. 150kW with mostly fast food nearby. It's an easy on/off the freeway. If it's a busy travel time, you probably just want to look at the stall occupancies as you approach PHX and go to Buckeye or Biltmore depending on which one is less busy. Note that if Buckeye is more than half full you will be sharing power with your paired stall and it won't charge any faster than Biltmore. There's also traffic to consider. You'll be going by Buckeye regardless but if there's traffic, you might want to avoid the detour to Biltmore.
Was able to charge just fine at Camelback. Crowded, but always 1-2 spots open during my time there. Thanks again for helping me be confident to route this way. Has worked out great for me.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Here are some pictures taken 02/15/23 of the construction near the East Camelback Road Supercharger. The 3 cabinets look identical to the cabinets at the recently opened Yuma - Fortuna Road Supercharger, but I don't recognize the rebar, forms and conduit configuration as supercharger construction. The pictures were taken through openings in the construction fence. I could not get any closer. No other equipment on site yet.

IMG_20230215_162201.jpg
IMG_20230215_162246.jpg
IMG_20230215_162311.jpg
IMG_20230215_162344.jpg
IMG_20230215_162436.jpg
IMG_20230215_162503.jpg