Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Piedmont, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Copy of the permit is below. It was just signed yesterday. The gentlemen who signed it owns an electrical business and his Linkedin says they do Tesla installs. I also asked for the site plan as the permit doesn't give much info other than it is confirmed a Tesla charging station, but they said they are large files and they could not provide. So I will just keep checking in over the next few weeks as I drive by that exit every day to/from work.

Attachments

• tesla.pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 92
8 charging stations confirmed per Anderson County permit office.

Ok I think I'm done with the legwork now! Will update with pics over the next few weeks once construction begins.

1643986756560.png

Awesome, and much needed for the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte. I still want ones in Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Gastonia as well, but I'll take this for now.

I wish Tesla would sign a deal with QuikTrip to add more Superchargers at their locations, just like Sheetz and Wawa have up here in the DMV area, but we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsight and J569
Awesome, and much needed for the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte. I still want ones in Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Gastonia as well, but I'll take this for now.

I wish Tesla would sign a deal with QuikTrip to add more Superchargers at their locations, just like Sheetz and Wawa have up here in the DMV area, but we shall see.
You're in luck as one is now planned for Gastonia.

Things are moving quickly. The light pole has been moved and the stalls are up. I’m assuming like most other installs the transformer and the meter are what is going to take the longest time at the end.

Interesting layout with two perpendicular stalls. I’m assuming the ground dictated this as they are clearly not pull in spots for a trailer.

I’ll continue to stop by every couple days as this is literally on my way to and from work every day. Just a quick on an off ramp from the interstate.

B4EB0B84-6185-49DF-BB9C-C2032A2745FF.jpeg

1781C527-5AE2-4BD6-A451-F8DB172EA73F.jpeg

54409B9B-D5F5-4D53-835B-CB4CF261F046.jpeg