Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pigeon Forge, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished charging at the Pigeon Forge station. Fastest I have ever seen my car (2014 P85+) charging at 128kw. It dropped down to 127kw by the time I could snap a shot.

Attachments

• 5AF3D379-2854-4E0B-A67E-EED891731270.jpeg
    5AF3D379-2854-4E0B-A67E-EED891731270.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 129
Has anyone noticed that the number of available chargers isn't showing up in the map on the MCU? It just shows the little lightening bolt icon, instead of the number of free stations.

It was doing that when I was down there. I didn't need to charge, but sometimes it would show the number, sometimes it would show just the bolt. Other times it would show temporarily unavailable. I saw people charging when it was "unavailable" though. Maybe it's a connectivity issue back to the Tesla servers?

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and mociaf9
I charged here on Wednesday afternoon. There were a lot of people in both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but only two other Teslas charging when I arrived. Knoxville showed 8/8 in use around 1pm.

These prefab sites are really great. It’s nice to have a cement pad to walk around the stall to access things in the trunk

F214F744-5BFA-4766-B658-7FFF58C7C508.jpeg

Finally, a public service announcement: I'm seeing lots of reports of slow charging on PlugShare. I suspect people are attempting to charge after they've been in town for a few days, resulting in a cold battery. Your best bet is to charge upon arrival when the battery is still warm from your trip. This is particularly important in the winter, but applies now since it was in the 60s and raining when I visited. I got the full 250 kW since I had been traveling all day.

Any recommendations for restaurants while charging at this location?

I thought someone mentioned a pizza place earlier in the thread but can't find it on Google Maps. Anything else good within walking distance?
The pizza place is an axe throwing / restaurant thingy. Just across the street from the charging station. Might have been called ‘West Virginia Axe company’ or something like that. Great pizza.

The pizza place is an axe throwing / restaurant thingy. Just across the street from the charging station. Might have been called ‘West Virginia Axe company’ or something like that. Great pizza.
This?
Country Roads Axe Co. featuring West By God CoalFired Pizza
(865) 366-4555

There's also a mellow mushroom a bit further away.

This?
Country Roads Axe Co. featuring West By God CoalFired Pizza
(865) 366-4555

I understood it to be the one that was across from the chargers but to the left about 100 yards. I was there just a week or so before the chargers opened. GREAT PIZZA and wings.... unfortunately, couldn't stay in business (several reasons - COVID, lack of employees, etc.) Will miss it.

I didn't realize the the 'shroom was walkable from the Superchargers. Looks like just a 1/2 mile with sidewalks. That'll work perfectly. Thanks!

I understood it to be the one that was across from the chargers but to the left about 100 yards. I was there just a week or so before the chargers opened. GREAT PIZZA and wings.... unfortunately, couldn't stay in business (several reasons - COVID, lack of employees, etc.) Will miss it.
That explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks!