Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pigeon Forge, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great update! Thanks!

Looks like the destination chargers by REI are going to become less useful (for a good reason, not a bad one)! Looks like a coffee shop, a candy shop, and a distillery in the same shopping center as the only immediate food options. A deli, a local pizza place, a Honeybaked Ham, a Mellow Mushroom, and some others within a reasonable walk. It also looks like there are sidewalks all around. Maybe something else will be going in on that end of the shopping center.

It is right at the southeast corner of Teaster Lane and Wears Valley Road. Supercharge.info has the pin misplaced at the REI destination chargers about 1000 feet away.
The supercharge.info pin looks correct to me. My link was to plugshare, which is showing the destination chargers at REI as someone had asked about proximity to some other L2 chargers.

Reactions: SQLDevDBA
The supercharge.info pin looks correct to me. My link was to plugshare, which is showing the destination chargers at REI as someone had asked about proximity to some other L2 chargers.
Maybe it isn't important for supercharge.info to be off hundreds of feet, but the pin is off by 668' as the crow flies according to Google maps. For those who want to know more precisely where it is at should use these coordinates: 35.8063, -83.5727

Maybe it isn't important for supercharge.info to be off hundreds of feet, but the pin is off by 668' as the crow flies according to Google maps. For those who want to know more precisely where it is at should use these coordinates: 35.8063, -83.5727
Are you clicking the Google maps link from supercharge.info? I noticed the link took me to the wrong place. The map displayed on supercharge.info itself seemed to have the pin in the right place though. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.

Maybe it's been moved since you made that comment (though I don't think so), but the pin on Supercharge.info is less than 20 feet away from the coordinates you are suggesting and theirs are the more accurate of the two (this is just a precision difference due to using more decimals though). If it has been moved from where you were seeing it before, try refreshing/fully reloading the map page if you're seeing it in a different location. If you want to use Google maps to compare, the coordinates of the SC.info pin are 35.806348, -83.572721.

1621386684029.png

Last edited:
Are you clicking the Google maps link from supercharge.info? I noticed the link took me to the wrong place. The map displayed on supercharge.info itself seemed to have the pin in the right place though. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.
The gmap link takes you to wherever Google locates the street address listed for the supercharger location, in this case wherever they put a marker for 2655 Teaster Ln.

The gmap link takes you to wherever Google locates the street address listed for the supercharger location, in this case wherever they put a marker for 2655 Teaster Ln.

Which makes no sense at all, as you can easily generate Google Maps link from the GPS coordinates. I know that the code for supercharge.info hasn't been actively maintained for quite some time, but this change is like 10 minutes work for an experienced web developer.

Having trouble posting pictures, but there are 12 pedestals almost complete. Some cabling being run. First time I've seen the three cabinets (which support 4 pedestals each) separated to a point where they are each closer to their respective set of 4 pedestals. Kinda makes sense - shorter cable runs to the pedestals. Talked to the guys working there - we agreed that 3 weeks most likely barring any electric company transformer and hookup installation.
But, this is a destination and there are plenty of L2's in the area.

@corywright can you please update this site to "under construction"?
Sure. We normally prefer some sort of evidence, such as photos or online confirmation of a passed inspection, but @smartypnz's description lines up with what we'd expect to see based on the plans, so I think in this case we can go ahead and mark this one as under construction.

I sure we'd all still like to see those pictures, @smartypnz. :)