Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pigeon Forge, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having trouble posting pictures, but there are 12 pedestals almost complete. Some cabling being run. First time I've seen the three cabinets (which support 4 pedestals each) separated to a point where they are each closer to their respective set of 4 pedestals. Kinda makes sense - shorter cable runs to the pedestals. Talked to the guys working there - we agreed that 3 weeks most likely barring any electric company transformer and hookup installation.
But, this is a destination and there are plenty of L2's in the area.
I have seen the install go quickly but the 'turning on' part to be very slow. The one up in Mackinaw took over a month before they lit them up after it was completed :-(

But hopefully you will be correct and for good reason - coming there July 24th for week...

I have seen the install go quickly but the 'turning on' part to be very slow. The one up in Mackinaw took over a month before they lit them up after it was completed :-(

But hopefully you will be correct and for good reason - coming there July 24th for week...
I had great experiences at the REÍ and the Public ChargePoint chargers on Teaster when I went 2 weeks ago. Plenty to do (and eat) if you use the REÍ charger.

Was just passing on what the workers said. Yes, I know that’s best case (as I sit here at Chargepoint getting 27 mph).

Attachments

• 7D503CA2-E975-40F0-B779-F0E0C79AD6BE.jpeg
    7D503CA2-E975-40F0-B779-F0E0C79AD6BE.jpeg
    627.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 6ED0CEFD-E618-47A0-AB43-A27C7FA0E582.jpeg
    6ED0CEFD-E618-47A0-AB43-A27C7FA0E582.jpeg
    836.6 KB · Views: 127
There are at least 10 dual plug Chargepoint chargers across Teaster Ln from the LaConte center in a very large deserted parking lot. They are building a hotel there, but there is nothing else there. Charged there twice completly alone. Gets about 27 Mph. Other level 2 chargers, I tried only provided 3kW.
Till the Tesla SpC's open - probably your best source.

I believe this is state 36 of my 50 state tour challenge for this year... this leg will get me 45 states.

There are at least 10 dual plug Chargepoint chargers across Teaster Ln from the LaConte center in a very large deserted parking lot. They are building a hotel there, but there is nothing else there. Charged there twice completly alone. Gets about 27 Mph. Other level 2 chargers, I tried only provided 3kW.
Till the Tesla SpC's open - probably your best source.

I believe this is state 36 of my 50 state tour challenge for this year... this leg will get me 45 states.
There are 6 Tesla destination Chargers at the REÍ Less than a quarter mile down the road. I passed by the Chargers you’re speaking of and considered them until I saw the Chargers at REÍ. 10kW vs 7kW of the ChargePoints.

REI - Pigeon Forge
2606 Teaster Ln, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Unknown Location

Last edited:
We were vacationing in PF in the first week of May on our cross country trip from So Cal and ended up using the free destination chargers at REI while we were in town. The last time we visited in Oct 2019 we used the free chargers at the Titanic and at the outlet mall. Good to see that this new SC is already under construction, especially since there were no visible signs of any work being planned for the corner that these posts are being installed on. Great location for easy access, but in it's current state there isn't a ton to do in that shopping center and the Island is about a 20 min walk since there isn't a direct entrance on the back side from Teaster. Hopefully the development of that area continues. Looking forward to checking this SC out in October when we go back for the fall festival at Dollywood.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
What do you mean? I thought it was a permanent installation like most of the other SuCs...

Basically the cabinet and the 4 charging stations are prebuilt on a slab and just placed at the install. This greatly reduces the complexity and install time. Also greatly reduces the wiring needed as the cabinet is right by the stations.

Basically the cabinet and the 4 charging stations are prebuilt on a slab and just placed at the install. This greatly reduces the complexity and install time. Also greatly reduces the wiring needed as the cabinet is right by the stations.
Interesting. The only thing I ever saw was them mounted on a 'pallet'...

Thanks.

Drove by today. Everything looks ready to go. Didn't try plugging up as they're not on maps yet and the lights are off, but I guess it will be any day now.
At a minimum, they still need to install the parking signs, paint parking lines, and install the utility transformer. Though if the transformer gets installed before the rest they may turn the stalls on before fully finishing the parking stuff.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer and CarlS
So they have 'sub transformers?' installed (the 3 you can see in the pictures) but need a 'main' one still?
Those are not transformers, those are the actual Superchargers (the pedestals at the parking spots are not much more than fancy cable holders, although at least now they contain the cooling for the V3 cables).

The 3 charging units contain the AC/DC converters and essentially the "power supplies" (DC/DC converters) for the Superchargers.

Wow! Its looking better and better for us to have a place to charge in late July when we visit. I just can't believe how fast this is going up versus the Mackinaw MI and Swartz Creek MI installs...

They have certainly gotten installations down to a science. I guess that's what comes from over 2000 sites' worth of experience (yet another competitive advantage that it will take the competition years to catch up on).