Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pigeon Forge, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged once at this SuC on Wednesday afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving.

There was a lot of activity at the SuC but I don't think it exceeded 50% capacity in the ~45 minutes we were there. Our charging session was 38 minutes as I was charging up to 90% to have running around power for the next two days in the area.
Supercharger - Pigeon Forge.jpeg

We didn't eat while charger as I had planned. We had lunch at Mellow Mushroom before going to the SuC. It is within walking distance but the charging session would have finished too quickly and it would have been sitting idle for about 30 minutes.

I did charge while eating at the Blink charger at the Springhill Suites behind the restaurant. Didn't need to, but I had setup a Blink account and wanted to give it a try. My blink phone app was slow to give me a code to enter into the charger but, once it did, the charging session started right up. I added 7 percentage-points (M3LR) during an hour of charging while ate. Cost was $2.42. There is only one charger, at that location, with two spots marked for EV charging. One spot was ICEd by a Honda.
Destination Charger - Blink.jpeg

If you have a CCS adapter, I’ve noticed that the Electrify America CCS station in Kodak is about 1/4 the cost of this Pigeon Forge supercharger.

We’ve been avoiding this supercharger because it’s soooooo expensive after the price hikes. The EA station I can charge for about a quarter of the costs.
That's great to know and a great cost saving. Hurry up Tesla and offer a retrofit for my 2018 Model 3 so it can use CCS.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Yeah. In that parking lot. There’s a distillery and a candy store about 50 years away as well. If we charge at late night (like we did last night). The Hotel across the street will let you use the restroom.
[he meant 50 yards] There's a fairly hilarious Beef Jerky Experience store there too :) The Harley store did not have a Livewire when I was there a week ago, not surprised.