Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pinellas Park, FL [Now Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted on Facebook the Supercharger location has been uploaded to the Tesla fleet navigation systems. It is still showing as "Coming Soon" on the Tesla Find Us web page.

Pinellas Supercharger construction 7.jpg

Larry

Reactions: GJ79
The Wawa site is at a gas station/convenience store and nothing else is within a reasonable walking distance. But the Wawa itself is pretty nice. The other 2 are at huge shopping centers with lots of food options close by. Traffic in and out of Brandon can be ridiculous at times. If it is really busy, use the east exit past the Japanese steakhouse to get back to Brandon Blvd. The Sarasota station is brand new and I'm not even sure that the shopping center is all built out yet.

How is this site compared to the site at: Regency Square, 2400 W Brandon Blvd. Brandon or the one at University Station, 5903 Honore Ave., Sarasota?
The Wawa site is at a gas station/convenience store and nothing else is within a reasonable walking distance. But the Wawa itself is pretty nice. The other 2 are at huge shopping centers with lots of food options close by. Traffic in and out of Brandon can be ridiculous at times. If it is really busy, use the east exit past the Japanese steakhouse to get back to Brandon Blvd. The Sarasota station is brand new and I'm not even sure that the shopping center is all built out yet.
Hi Rick,

That is correct Brandon and Sarasota are located in or near large shopping centers or malls. Sometimes Brandon can have serious traffic, but your tip of using the alternate exit does really help in those situations.

Brandon has a large selection of restaurants and we have had a number of club meet-ups there at the restaurants. Here's a vicinity map.

Brandon Supercharger Vicinity.jpg

The Sarasota Supercharger with 20 charging stalls is located in a small shopping mall called University Station. Whole Foods is the main anchor store and a small Mediterranean restaurant, Zoes Kitchen, just opened. (Whole Foods is not yet open.)

Directly across the street (University Parkway) there are plenty of good restaurants. We just had a well-attended club event at the Stonewood Grill & Tavern to celebrate the opening of the Supercharger Station. Here's a vicinity map.

Sarasota Supercharger Vicinity.jpg

In addition, the Sarasota Supercharger Stations is only about a mile from UTC (University Town Center) Mall. It is huge and has many fine restaurants, shops and a Tesla store.

Here's a map showing the Supercharger proximity in relation to the UTC mall.

Sarasota Supercharger to UTC.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
According to the supercharger map, there is one planned for Clearwater this year. Keep in mind that the marker on the map is based on the name of the city, not the actual location of the supercharger.

Find Us | Tesla
There is a very new WAWA construction happening here;
Dropped Pin
near Unnamed Road, Clearwater, FL 33761

Google Maps

I will be keeping a close eye on the construction because I live minutes from there.

Reactions: tburneymac
Dropped Pin

Google Maps

I will be keeping a close eye on the construction because I live minutes from there.

Thanks for the reply. Keep us posted. I live in Brevard but grew up in Clearwater and I come home often. I usually have to stop in Brandon to charge up. I have been to the one in Pinellas Park and I love Wawa (lived in Maryland in the early 90's).

Dropped Pin

Google Maps

Yep, that's going to be the Clearwater location. A building permit application for superchargers there was just discovered. Further discussion should go in the appropriate thread: Supercharger in St Pete / Clearwater

Reactions: Leightyrx